The coincidental theme of this day is 'Delight'.
I was strong again like a Lion. Not a Kingly Lion yet, just a baby lion, ready for the wild. My feet would thud as they pounded the dirty African Sahara Track. It had been a long while since my Lion-like foot-claws tore into this area, and the last time was a complete disaster ( I lost my key). But this was a good come-back tour. I didn't have my watch with me so I couldn't time myself. I think I did just average, but it was a delight to take a trip to the ol' African Serengeti again. Simply a delight for my legs to stretch again.
After I got back and was rested up enough to talk to other humans, I ran into my room mate Mike. Mike had just completed a wonderfully large batch of Spaghetti. Mike has taken after me in my greatness of spaghetti making. He was kind enough to offer me some of his spoils, so I feasted on delicious spaghetti. It was such a delight to eat there.
I also ran into this girl from my ward as I was wondering around the neighborhoods. I think some of you may know her, her name is Cheryl. She was just on her way home to watch TV - namely 'the office'. What a coincidence, thats my Favorite! She reluctantly let me tag along. After about 30 seconds of watching, I humbly informed her that I had missed last weeks episode, so she scolded me for a minute, then she found it on her tivo, and then we watched that , then this weeks episode. They were funny. It was a delight to watch them.
I didn't have that much free time after my TV evening. But when I got home I took the chance to paint a little. The colors seemed to splash against the walls, and fall from the sky, and rise up from the Happy little river. I could feel the canvas pulsing with vibrancy and urning for more color. Unfortunately my time was short with my new Scene, but it was delight to work with it.
I know it seems kind of weird, but I also worked with my 'Project Scrap-book'. Again I wasn't able to spend much time on it, but I was able to make two important steps in this 'scrap-booking' process. It is so delightful to have spare-time projects, even though I don't really have spare time.
Lunch was sponsored by Chipotle, It was a delightful eating experience. After every bite, I then wanted another. And every bite was then followed by another (except for one). My burrito was indeed as bit as a football, or a small child. I had to carry it with two hands.
And to cap off the day/afternoon, Patrick, Collins and I went to Diddy Reese for an afternoon snack. It was a delightful energy boost.
I'm listening to Nirvana right now.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish my life had as many auspicious coincidences as yours does.
Post a Comment