Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Daily Update

On my way home last night I was feeling lucky. I had a coupon in my pocket for 40% off any one book from borders. I mean, thats almost half off! So I stop by with intentions of buying a drawing book. I've been looking at a few lately which could further my drawing ambitions. But after I start looking through them I had a change of heart and ended up not buying anything. Also while I was there they had some famous person doing a book signing, and a bunch of crazy little girls were clapping and yelling randomly. I though that I would be annoying too, so when this lady was talking I started slapping CD cases together, and dropping books, just to disturb them, like they were disturbing me. It was funny. THEN, on the way out, I get in the elevator with some drunk guy, carrying a 12-pack of booze. He stunk of beer, and it was really nerve-racking when I saw him get in his car to drive off. Upon leaving the parking lot, its safe to say that I drove a different direction than he did. Oh, and one other thing worth noting, the light in the elevator was OUT, so as soon as you get in, the only light you see was the light from the buttons! It was kind of spooky, but I trusted them enough to risk riding in them.

So then I get home and start treating myself to a frozen Thai Chicken Pizza. Oh, it was so good. I was enjoying it piece by piece. I was nursing it down, when Mike and an intern came in and told me they were going running, and virtually challenged me to a 'run-off'. They were interested in just a 'short' run. After briefly considering my options, my ego took the best of me and pushed me into this challenge. It was against my better judgment, being currently in the process of eating at that point. I usually enforce a 90 minute time gap between eating and physical activity, but my Ego made me forget about that at that moment.

I actually did pretty good at running at first. We went on a little excursion of the Ural Mountains. I had to slow down for them a time or two at first, but then after the first hill, my endurance went from a 8.5 to a 2.5. I think the other two were waiting for me for a minute, but then they just took off. Good thing too, cause I took a short cut to get home quicker. The marvelous pizza wasn't being friendly to my stomach anymore. Now it was an angry ball of fury which was mad at me. (sorry tummy).

I was going to work on my Man-Box, but Mike and the Intern were up watching TV. Speaking of TV...I saw American Idol last night for a sec. I liked it cause Simon told the cheating Irish girl that she wasn't good, and that she looked bad (told her to have a talk with the person who dresses her). It was great.

Lunch was sponsored by Jose Bernstein's

I'm listening to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band right now.

No comments: