Welcome back from the weekend. The weekend reminded me about global warming. Forget all those cold days from months ago, it was clearly in the 90's. So as of Saturday afternoon Al gore was right, and there is such thing as 'Global warming'. I'm not used to such extravagant heat waves. I like the temperature when the leaves are falling, or snow is on the ground, (but not the actual snow itself). The person who controls the thermostat for outside must have been mad at us all.
I have been struggling in the past weeks with my computer mice for my desktop computer at home. I had two attached; One for each hand (I'm not even kidding). I'm more efficient that way, depending on which hand is getting tired from typing or clicking or what not. So both of my 'mices' have been having 'performance issues'. One is the old ball style mouse which are obsolite, and the other was a optical mouse whos 4' range didn't allow me to recline away from my desk. That was troublesome cause I like mouses that work, and I like to lean back in my chair when I do mousework sometimes. So I felt it necessary on Friday to go and buy a 'Laser Mouse'. It is Soooo much better than any other mouse I've ever used before! I can hold it 3 inches above my leg, or desk, and move it, and its motions are tracked. I started talking to it too, and asking it to nudge here and there, and It started doing that too. Its so terrific, I'm glad i spend the money on it. It will make my computing experience much more pleasurable.
On Saturday morning I took the time to participate in the usual Pancake Making Activities. It was exciting for me because just last night I was at target and I bought a new Pancake Batter Wisk. (unfortunatly I also notice that they had pancake griddles on sale too. I was, and still am, so tempted in going back and getting one, just so I can have the Jeffery type griddle power.) My pancakes didn't turn out however exactly how I expected. They were thiner than normal. I wasn't used to the mixing power of the new wisk that I got. It must have mixed the batter much more than normal. Its like I just put the wisk in the Pancake batter, and then just watch the wisk go to work. I had to keep ahold of it so it didn't fly around the room Mixing everything up.
Saturday was such a drain. I only survived because of my excellent training in desert like situations, and years of living in Utah. I woke up with my fan on. It was very nice inside of my apartment. It was such a shock when I actually had to leave and go outside. If I didn't I would have flet 'lazy'. I feel that I need to leave my apartment at least once a day too. And around lunch time I felt that need. As I walked outside it felt like I was walking into an oven. I had not felt this kind of heat since last year. And I didn't like it then either. The only saving quality was the fact that I went to Carls Jr. for lunch. It was Soooo gooood. It was like my taste buds had gone to heaven. It has been a long time since I've indulged into a 'Western Bacon Cheeseburger'. And to top it off I let myself sample one of their new Cap'n Crunch Shake. Wow, wow, wow! Now this is a meal that I could bathe in. Every bite of the cheeseburger left me wanting more. The cheese was probably 'engineeree', but it held together so perfectly. It would stretch but not break, and it would capture every particle of goodness on its skin, and then relay that goodness back to my tastebuds as they would come in contact. The Joy was overwhelming. I now understand the essence of that seductive carls jr/ paris hilton commercial. Cause thats how I felt. (ps, this is not an add, I'm just relaying my experience).
Church was long and hot, and I'm so glad that it was a slow Sunday. During the meeting, in the middle of one of the 'sensitive' parts, I tried and tried to surpress my caugh, but it didn't work. for maybe three mintues I had the worst tickle in my throat that wouldn't go away. I desperatly searched for spare candy suckers from rick & silvia, but nothing. As silvia leaned forward I saw her water bottle, so I snatched it trying to drown the thing tickling me. Luckily I sat close to the RSP and her new super-sized supply bag, which happened to contain multiple flavors of caugh-drops. So now my delema was choosing the right flavor. I went with cherry.
After that we didn't really do anything. After church ended every one took off it seemed. All that was left was Jeff Josh and I. So we went over to Jeffs for a little bit. They heated food up and Cheryl made Chocolate-Pumpkin cake. it was delightful. I got home really early. It was kind of nice.
I'm listening to The Guess Who right now.
Lunch was sponsored by Marvin's Diner today.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment