So last night I really felt the urge to go for a light jog over the neighborhood Ural Mountains. It started out light that is, then it quickly became a rough trek with many boobie-traps, violent local tribes, and devilish animals. For a while I thought that evil winged monkeys were chasing me. When I got to a street intersection, I grabbed a few sticks and quickly sharpened them by scratching the tips into points, then as I continued to run on, I hurled these rustic spears behind me toward my approaching enemies. After a few spear and rock throws, I must have lost them cause I rounded a corner, then hid in the bushes for a few minutes to spy behind me. But it felt invigorating to dominate the hill trails again. By the end of my trip I was visibly exhausted, and I think the evil vultures started swarming above me. I threw rocks them too, then they flew away.
I also took a few minutes to run over to Michaels. On my way there I drove by Cheryl who was out for a walk, who was also interested in visiting Michaels, what a coincidence. Its always funner with more people, right. So now my second picture frame is finished, now I just need to finish the painting that goes in it!
After I got home I took a few moments to jump back on the painting bandwagon. Its a lovely painting of a quaint little village in france somewhere. I'm already pretty far into it. I finished building the buildings off to the right hand side. I put in some of the street lamps along the river walk so there would be light at night for the pedestrians, and I colored in the windows, so now each of the buildings have real character. Its like adding eyeballs to mannequins. It makes it so the buildings look back at you. One thing I'll be doing in this painting that I haven't done in any other is to add bushels of flowering bushes. It will help with the character of the painting by adding depth, and it will give the picture sensitivity. Cause people don't like un-sensitive pictures.
Lunch was sponsored by In N Out.
I'm listening to REM right now.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment