My weekend started off right, with a cheerful trip to... some I-tallian place. It was funny cause I totally ran into a bunch of other people that I knew. Wow, what a coincidence! It was fun. Later we decided that it would be a good idea to go across the street and see a movie. There were 6 of us, and we ended up seeing the new 'George Clooney' movie Leatherheads. It was a good show cause they didn't push to much of their football play-time on us the viewers. It was more of a 'how to succeed AND get the girl' story, with Football being the side issue. It wasn't to bad. I also must say that after the movie we were leaving and one of the guys totally saw Danny Divito. He must have been in our movie too. He was pretty short... And Funny looking, and round. Very much like a penguin. The night was finished off by an excellent selection of Cold Stone's choicest ice Cream selection, Rocky Road. Wow, i can still taste it now... ahhhhhh.
Saturday came all to early. After all it was the beginning of the 178th Annual General Conference (which means 'very little free time today due to church stuff happening'). My tummy woke me up, and I immediately started practicing my Pancake making skills. Then casually turned the TV on and watched/listened to Conf. play in the background. I'm so glad that they put it on TV in LA. Otherwise I really don't know if I'd be able to 'be in attendance' if you know what I mean. But i turned a potentially boring situation into a splendid one. I started working on my computer, mixed with play of course too. But it was an all around productive day.
Jeff and I also stopped by Costco this day to pick up a few goodies for our Conference Breakfast in the morning. While there we ran into Courtney Bean. Wow, another coincidence! We chatted for a bit, then Jeff and I decided it was time for our Hot Dog Lunch, so we left.
During my 'Productivity session' of Conf. I did start working on a new project of mine. I haven't mentioned it before due to its sensitive nature. But I'll refer to it as my 'Christmas Card project'. I was also 'reconstructing' a G-N'-R logo for my friends who are getting married soon. It also was great fun.
In the evening, it was a tough decision, but I decided to attend the Guy-session of Conf. at the church building. But in rebellion, I chose to wore a ridiculous outfit. Something that even a European might not even wear. I was definitely in choice form with my old sandals, semi-casual pants, a dark blue and green plaid shirt, with a Tasmanian devil neck tie. None of it matched! It was quite astonishing I tell you. And to top it off, I was wearing a Black belt with Brown Sandals! I know how crazy of me!
But then after, A few of the guys REALLY wanted to go somewhere to eat. Now, I've done stuff like that before, but I didn't know if I was in the mood for it then, and later, my internal 'Health-o-meter' let me know this, cause we ended up going to Tommy Burger. Now, Tommy burger is great, when you have an artery to clog, but now wasn't' that time. It was good, and I ate most of my food, but afterwards, I really regretted drinking all that chili-soaked bacon-wrapped cheese-topped goodness down. While digesting we all pondered the mysteries of life, and had a wonderful time.
Sunday morning came gladly into my life, cause it was the morning of our Spiritual Brunch of a Lifetime, a group Honorary Conference Pancake Breakfast to be precise. There was so much glorious food there. Mmmm Mmmm. I don't even know how to describe it all. Luscious Pancakes, wholesome scrambled eggs, heaping mounds of hash-browns, thirst quenching OJ, cold creamy milk, and sugary mounds of freshly baked Cinnamon Rolls. And to top it all off, Danny brought Diddy Reese Cookies. Wow, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it now! Then we watched Conference. Both sessions in case you were wondering. By the beginning of the second session I stopped trying to stay awake, and fell into shadow for about 10 minutes, until they all started making fun of me for 'almost snoring'.
Then, in the evening we went to Trisha's flat for noodles and chili. It was also delightful. I was still 'semi-full' from our conference schmorges board, I was weary about indulging on more such delicious food, but I didn't want to offend our Hostess Trisha. Its never a bad thing to go to a party/dinner hosted by a Professional Planner. Trisha made toffee too. It was soooo good. I think I ate too much of it at first cause I slowed down a lot after the sugar high left me. Oh it was the essence of Yummyness. Then we played games, and with her two dogs 'cotton ball' and 'q-tip'.
On the way home my car stalled for a little bit. Luckily I had just barley stopped in someones driveway, long enough for my car to rest and for it to continue on later.
I'm listening to noisy cars drive by right now.
Lunch was sponsored by Marvin's Diner.
I'm listening to noisy cars drive by right now.
Lunch was sponsored by Marvin's Diner.
No comments:
Post a Comment