Monday, April 21, 2008

Daily Update

It was a busy weekend again. It all started on Friday night with a movie at the Fox lot. We saw The Bank Job. It was a cool movie, but nothing i could recommend, due to a few different kinds of graphic nature. I had to turn my head more than I thought I would, thats for sure. Afterwards We decided to go find food. But thats when it got complicated cause deciding on where to eat with Josh and Jeff, is something like raising the Titanic. We deliberated for a good 20 minutes straight in person AND over the phone before we decided some pizza place. It was decent enough, but the second we arrive both he and his police friend go and get ice cream. So all our decision was for nothing. So I learned from this, not to consider his opinion on where to eat to much, cause he'll probably go somewhere else anyway.

On Saturday morning I force myself to get up early at around 9:30, I even had to set my alarm. I did so so I could squeeze in a haircut for myself, before going to help Emily move out of Greenfield. I got there just after 10, and there were no donuts, and no moving van. I repeated my list of demands for helping anyone move, and Donuts were at the top of the list. So she had me go and buy some for the troops. Then we get back and no moving van. So we hung out. We finally filled Marco's SUV up, took it over, and then back, then Finally around 12 the moving van showed up. But by then she had enough help that Jeff and I decided to 'disappear'.

then Jeff asked for a ride over by my place, and just as he jumped in my car, he wanted to stop by his place first. Then Josh jumped in my car. As we near my destination he then asks if we could drive by a few apartment addresses first! Holy Crap man, can I do anything else for you sir? I finally told him that I was done being a driver, and dropped them off at the distribution center. But then 5 minutes later they knock on my door and want to take me to see an apartment, just one street away. I reluctantly went. It was OK. Then I reluctantly drove them home, otherwise they would have pestered me till i did it.

After I finally made it home I treated myself to a wonderful Pancake Luncheon. (cause I didn't have time for breakfast.) They were so good. I tried adjusting the recipe to account for the ingredients that I had. It it was just as great. I was at a point that I really wanted to take a nap in the afternoon, and about to fall asleep, but I had another movie appointment with the Fox Lot. A few of us were going to see 'Shine a Light', the Rolling Stones Mini-documentary. It was pretty much just a movie of a 2 hour rock concert with a few early interview clips from when they were really young and stoned. I liked it though. (Jeff was supposed to come with us to the movie, but when I called he shyly admitted that he and Josh were on a Man-Date at Target (more or less) looking for furniture.) We delighted in making fun of that situation the whole car ride down to the movie.

Our usual Sunday evening activities took us to my place were I had made a delightful batch of spaghetti, and Cheryl had made an equally delightful cake. Actually we tag-teamed the cake last night. I coincidentally ran into her at the store when we were both looking at cake supplies. She made it and I decorated it. It was super cool.

Lunch was sponsored by The Corner Bakery.

I'm listening to the Vengaboys right now.

No comments: