Friday, April 11, 2008

Daily Update

So this morning I had the lovely chance to take a tour of our local Superior Court of Los Angeles. I had a jolly ol' time. It was a building from the 70's. I actually didn't get to see that much of it in the 40 minutes i was there. And honestly I didn't really want to. I was in a line most of the time. It was really fascinating to see all the different kinds of people who were there, and what they'd do, and how they'd act. A handful of people were there cause 'They are never wrong', now they just have to go to court to prove it to a judge. This chick in front of me would talk to as many other people as she could to try to drum up support for her cause. I think she was barley 16 years old, so therefore SHE did something wrong obviously. One lady was trying to talk everyone into scheduling a court date cause "they will cut your 'bail' amount in half, just cause you made the effort to show up". (I doubt that that is true). Another lady was trying to argue with one of the clerks cause the lady had waited a week past the due date (they give you 6 weeks, with one 4-week extension option) so now she has to pay an additional $500, Just for a Traffic Ticket! (Note to self: Don't procrastinate anymore!) So I had finally made it up to the front desk, I showed her my paperwork, and she immediately responded that I needed to go downtown to take care of my business. Uh..., OK. I guess. I had called some courthouse last week, and they said that I could just swing by any place and have them take care of it. I must have been speaking to the janitor who was playing a joke on me, cause right after I asked them a question, the big fat lady (who couldn't move without 'loads' of mental AND physical distress) responded by telling me that I needed to go to this other address. Oh, Great, So I pretty much wasted an hour of my morning by just standing there.

So, I leave that happy place and I immediately call the number I called before. After 35 minutes of being on hold, I talked to someone who Wasn't a janitor, and we had a cheerful time of finding a tolerable resolution for me. By then I was back at my place, so I took the time to make myself breakfast. I told them yesterday at work that I didn't know how late I'd be, so I figured I'd just chalk this one under the 'Busy at the Courthouse' category.

...

As I was leaving work yesterday I 'accidentally' peeked at a spoiler of the American idol result show, and I saw who got voted off before the show was even on, so I saved myself an hour or two of frustration of watching that stuff. And I was still mad at them for making me watch that crappy tel-e-thon on Wednesday, with all that bad-singing, and horrible jokes, and rude comments, and retarded personalities.

I'm listening to Bob Marley right now.

Lunch was sponsored by Chipotle. It was so good. After I got back to the office I tried describing just how excellent my food was. Realizing that there are levels of goodness of food, I described my sweet & spicy burrito with the top most praise; saying that "I would indeed smear it all over my body". But then Collins offers to call on of his friends for me, so I immediately retracted that comment; but I was reminded about our pancake breakfast last Sunday when I exclaimed the same thing and was quickly smeared with Jeff's Cinnamon Roll Frosting by the closest person to me. I was only able to wear it for a brief 2 minutes before the stickiness became to much for me to bear. Its like a dog chasing his tale and not being able to catch it the way the sweet frosting was less than a centimeter away from the tip of my tongue, and not being able to reach it.

Also the nerds in front of me in line at Chipotle were discussing "what if Dungeons & Dragons was real". It was the ultimate in 'Nerd-dom'. I really just wanted to yell out the word 'Nerd', just to make them nervous. But then I figured that at least half the restaurant might rise up against me (cause they were nerds too).

No comments: