Friday, May 30, 2008

Daily Update - Courthouse Edition

OK, so it wasn't exactly a Day in Court, but at the Courthouse. I finally took the time to take care of my 'traffic infraction' from like... 2 or 3 months ago. It was a great adventure. Instead of getting up early, I already knew I was going to miss work, so I got up like usual then mozzied on down-town to the Metro-Courthouse, which I might add, took much longer than I thought. Then when I got there oh the interesting people I saw. I never thought I'd see hot pink pants outside of the 80's, but Boy Howdy! And all the gold painted belts, and all the 'way to big' clothes. And the most annoying part was after waiting all that time, as soon as I get toward the front, almost all the windows closed! so there was only 1 person helping 100 people in line, (and one window open but one guy had been there for a good 20 minutes.) I bonded with some of the other guys in line while making fun of all the other people. One group of them was especially funny when a lawyer cut in line (they're actually allowed to) and they turned pretty rowdy. They kept inviting her to wait in line, and hurry up, and just to leave. It was great. It also upset me that I had to drive downtown (1 hour) just to wait in line ( 1 hour), then to drive back (40 min.) then to have to ride my bike to work (10 min.). It took a lot out of me. So my pocket book took a bit hit, but I'm free from the law looming over my head.

I went running again last night. I was in tip-top shape; better than normal. I was like the swiftest zebra imaginable. My striped camouflage pattern was a gray blur to the on looker. I was that fast. I was even able to keep up with the Great Pink Ninja, well, for most of it anyway. It was probably a good thing too, cause 3/4 the way through we passed some weird dude who was lurking in the bushes. There was no way he would have attacked both of us. I don't know if I was up for a struggle cause I was using most of my energy for speed.

I was also on my way home last night when i ran into Cheryl, from the neighborhoods. I think she was out for an evening walk, but I told her how excited I was that I on my way to watch that 'dance show'. I was describing how dumb some of the people are, and how charming others are. She wanted me to reenact some of what I was talking about, but I passed on that. She still looked confused at my interest with this show, so I casually invited her to watch it with me. She was hesitant at first, but then I lured her in as I assured her that I had to eat food before I took part in this 'dance fest'. And then she was like "oh what a coincidence I was just on my way to get food too". I thought it was fun. Oh, and I made pancakes for dinner too. They were so good! Good thing I was at the top of my Pancake Game. I may have even impressed her with my 'Griddle-skills'.

Nothing much else than that happened. Kind of boring I know.

I'm listening to our office cleaners talk in some spanish-gibberish.

Lunch was sponsored by McDonalds.

No comments: