Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Daily UPdate - Cinco de Mayo Edition

My life long game of 'chicken' continued last night. I have been riding my bike to work this month, and riding a larger machine gives one more power. But for some reason that doesn't deter people from wanting to walk directly in front of me, stand right in my path, or cut slowly across my path, all as I try to go in one direction. So there were two situations last night. I was doing my best to stay in the bike path, on the grass, or off to the side, away from the pesky pedestrians, but there was one young kid who hasn't quite realized that there are more than just them in the world. So I'm on this sidewalk. Going towards a group of people. Just as I approach is when this little kid starts spinning in circles, then starts dancing backwards towards where my bike is riding. Now, I'm all for providing space to others on a sidewalk, but why would this stupid little kid would throw its self in front of a large moving object that can't stop that fast, is beyond me! I slowed a little, but luckily for that kid they had parents who were looking out for #1 (me), and yanked it out of its stupid way, and pulled it back to its stupid side of the sidewalk. What, are you trying to test me kid? do you want bike tire marks across your face/back? And that wasn't all, only minutes later I come up to a wide part of the sidewalk, where three fonzanoon's are walking side by side. I slow down to let them make way for me but they don't really budge. I'm on the proper right side of the walk, but they are in the center, more towards my side. I went straight as long as I could, but because I was rolling I felt obligated to move. They were in a wheelchair after all. I was bitter about having to move so far out of the way. It came to me at that moment, that the next time I notice someone involuntarily migrating towards me, I might just have to 'wander' into the center of the closest busy street. Ya, take that! now follow me you jerks! Lets see if you will be dumb enough to follow me anywhere I go, which seems to be the case. This event just proved to me that both old and young will retardedly migrate towards me for no reason at all. Maybe after a while of me 'playing tricks' on them, they'll learn.

So we continued our tradition that evening of alternate fhe's. This night it was a JJJCKEHE event. And we started a few minutes late cause I had to drop a key off at the church. There I ran into Eddie and luckily recruited him to join us. They were having a joint fhe with the other ward, and neither me or Eddie were willing to join in it the salsa/ pinata fest. We went to Cheng Du, a little Chinese place pretty close by. It was really good. We had a wonderfully uplifting discussion about everything imaginable. And the food was delightful too.

Also, on my ride home I forgot my phone so I had to make the trip back up the hill to work to get it. When I got home I scurried over to the firestone to retrieve my newly updated automobile. Its now the 'Jim-mobile 4.3x'. I runs like ice cream, and sounds caramel. Its much more stealthy now. So now I can go back to 'sneak-attacks' on bicycles that ride in the street. Ha ha, they won't even know what hit them.

I'm listening to the Rolling Stones right now.

Lunch was sponsored by The Corner Bakery.

No comments: