Monday, May 5, 2008

Daily Update - Ironman Edition.

I woke up to a beautiful European morning. I enjoyed looking up at the clouded sky for the 20 minute wake-up period between when my alarm rang, and when I actually got up. First thing I did was bring my car into the shop. Yes, I was desperate, I was forced to bring it to firestone, which I hate. But on Saturday night I started hearing weird noises, then on Sunday as I was starting to drive it, it started sounding horrible, like the back wheels were about to fall off. And because I work during the day I don't have time to bring it any other place. This has happened before, so I think I know what the problem is too.

On Friday night a group of us went to see Ironman. It was definitely the highlight of my weekend, and the coolest thing ever. But getting there was indeed a trial. My friend, Rich, who was in town from New York was using my car to go to two job interviews. Luckily I got the tickets the night before, he wasn't back by 7pm, so I talked Mike into going early and staving a spot in line. He arrived by 7:30 so then we left. We got super lucky with finding a parking spot, cause the mall was really crowded. We stopped and got Rich something to eat while I called Mike to see where he was. Turns out that he was still trying to find parking himself. Luckily Cheryl took charge and went to save us all seats in line. Thanks CS, you're a gem. I actually recognized a bunch of people in the theater. Funny. It was a great show. I highly recommend it.

Saturday was a lovely day. I didn't do much that day, except for make Pancakes, drop Rich off at the airport, and go to watch a movie at Fox. We saw 21. It was ok. At home I dove back into my painting. I was determined to finish more than I had, so I set goals about check points, then I told Mike to remind me about these checkpoints every night. And good thing too, cause Sunday morning I only remembered that I said I'd do certain things by certain times, but thats it; but Mike remembered. The painting is coming alive I tell you. The colors are just jumping off the page practically. By Sunday night I've turned the water into something that you could swim in, the buildings you can look into the windows to see what's baking, and there is definitely a bridge crossing the water. There's only one building that you can't live in yet, and I'm still toying with the facade of it. The balconies aren't ready to be stood on yet either. I also need to plant some flowers and trees on the streets and in the windows, to make it look more inviting. I'm pretty close to being done, but I thing its not done enough to bring to Utah on Friday.

I'm listening to Neil Diamond, on my Neil Diamond Radio station.

Lunch was sponsored by Burger King. (I couldn't resist after the 'discrete' product placement in Ironman.)

No comments: