Friday, May 2, 2008

Daily Update - Bike Riding Edition

I don't know how it happened. It wasn't supposed to happen like it did. I just had to endure the pain to the finish. My shoes were on like usual, by J-pod was working, but with every foot-pounding step on the dirty pavement, it brought pain to my right calf muscle. It was like a charlie horse... but different. a dull pain that was fairly uncomfortable. I think it was my muscle expanding, and growing beyond what my body was used to taking. I think its like being the Incredible Hulk, but so far its just with one leg. I wonder if my whole body is changing. I am wearing a green shirt today after all. You guys better watch out, and not make me angry. I don't know what I'm capable of at this point. But the run was good, I could tell that I was much better than last week. I'm just ironing out a few things in my technique which will again make me the fastest and possible the greatest running sensation that Brenwood/ Saharan Running track has ever known. Again I forgot my watch so I am unable to tell you my exact time, but trust me, it was good. Due to my weakened state, I consciously slowed down, saving energy in case of a random ninja attack. Its been a while since I've been there, but you never know.

So this day marks the first day of my month-long bike trek to work. In order to save money, on multiple fronts, I've decided to ride my bike to work this whole month. I'm very familiar with riding a bike, but it has been many months since I've been on it. Lets just say that my bike needs a tune up, and a cleaning. Andy maybe handlebar tassels, and a horn that I can honk at people that I ride by to scare them. One thing I've noticed is that just as people like to swerve to be in front of me when I'm walking, they like to do the same when I ride my bike. Depending on the street, I ride to the outside of the sidewalk in the village, thus staying away from the shop doors, but sure enough dumb people all over the place LOVE to exit the store and then go right to the street curb, exactly where I'm trying to ride my bike. I think next week I'll have to let a few people have lessons 'taught' to them, by way of them running into ME.

So late last night I had a friend who was coming into town. Funny thing was I only knew he was coming around midnight. Unfortunately I didn't receive his 'info' email (until the next day), so I was just 'shooting from the hip' as to when he actually arrived. At 11:45 I was chatting with mike about Crazy People, when I got a call from my friend, so then I rushed over to LAX to pick him up. It was late so I just tried getting away with parking at the curb then calling him to find me. Luckily it worked out. Then even funnier, was that I hadn't purchased gas for my car in about a month, and it was at the bottom of the red through most of the ride, so we had to stop and re-fuel before we got home. Another annoying thing was that gas here is already at $4.00/ gallon. Wow, thats terrific. I love spending my money on stupid stuff like that. (I hope you can hear the sarcasm in that, cause I'm laying it on pretty thick).

Today at work Pat and Sergio had a heated argument. It was neither of their faults, but the fault of the computer program that we use. Its less than satisfactory most of the time.

And yesterday at 5:30 danny comes up to me and gives me a bunch of work stuff and then he asks me If I'll be able to finish that night (implying that I need to finish before I go home.) But I'll have none of this! How dare anyone be as rude to tell me 30 minutes before I go home that I need to stay. So I told him flat out 'no, I don't plan on finishing tonight cause there's a lot of stuff to do here, and I have something at 6 o'clock'. then I put my headphones on to cancel out any rebuttal statements. Sure I finished by the time I left, but it was still annoying that he would try to 'throw his weight around'. I knew that there would be more to do on this small assignment tomorrow so I didn't care about leaving right on time. (and sure enough I spent the whole next day working out all the kinks from it.) People aren't putting up with his pushiness as much anymore.

I'm listening to Michael Jackson right now.

Lunch was sponsored by In N Out.

No comments: