Friday, May 23, 2008

Daily Rainfall

Have you ever seen it rain in Southern California? Well I sure have. Right after moving here a few short years back, at USC they told us it only rains twice per year, and that's considered winter. It then rained consistently every 3 weeks following that for two days each. It seems like its one of those days. Very 'European' feel if you want my opinion. It reminds me of Oh so many days while either vacationing or tracting through the streets of many different European cities. Have you been there? Do you know what I mean?

Well yesterday my hopes of leaving early from work were extinguished by heavy rainfall. It seemed to be plotting against me. It was a decent day until just after lunch when it got gray and cloudy. Then at 3 or 4 it started sprinkling. Then from 4:30-5:00 it rained heavily. Then by 5:30 it was sunny and clear, and all that. I guess that means I wasn't meant to go home early, as much as I wanted too. It was dry enough to have a decent ride home with out to much trouble. Rain is nice, but not when you're on a bike.

I also thought that the evil demon-drops of rain were going to damper my running that night, but it turns out they didn't. Not only did I go running, but I [helped with] shuttling Ms. Sara C. to her car place to pick up her car. I felt like such a Do-Gooder. Having just rained, I was a little troubled that the track might be a single huge big mud pit, but it wasn't that bad, only a few spots to avoid. But that was no trouble for my Fox like instincts. I was an old and wise Desert-Fox this day. I don't think I've fully recovered from the black-magic that was cast on me, but I'm doing better and I made it around the entire Serengeti track. I was slow but constant, so I'm happy. There weren't to many other people there either. I think that rain followed by sunshine scares evil creatures away.

Stage one of my Scrap-booking project is officially complete. I put a picture book together and just received it in the mail. The tracking website said it was delivered right before lunch so I got nervous cause with no roommates home, there would be no one to let my book in my apartment. So I decided to run home and get it so it didn't sit out in the rain. Luckily someone did bring it in my building. I was worried the whole time about it raining on me, but Luck was on my side.

(So let me tell you a bit more about My 'Scrap-booking' project: I've been reserved on this issue because I'm planning a whole series of these projects, and some of them are gifts, so if I let to much out then its not as much of a fun surprise. And I'm all about the fun surprises. So I came across this website that lets you make books. Picture books in particular. So in a stroke of genius I decided to make a photo album of my European Adventure. So today I got my first book. Its so cool! I can't wait to make more. The difference between phase 1A and 1B are just different companies.)

It was also the first night of 'So you think you can dance'. It was funny. Again I feel good about my dancing abilities compared to some of those freaks. Unlike American Idol, these auditions focus on the talented people, with only retarded highlights (unfortunately).

Lunch was sponsored by In N Out.

I'm listening to Cindy Lauper right now. She sounds weird.

No comments: