Friday, May 9, 2008

Daily Update

Today is going to be exciting at work. I'm only working a half day, due to a small trip to Utah this afternoon. As you all know Rob & Gretta are getting hitched tomorrow up there. It should be fun.

I was like a grizzly bear riding my bike home last night. There was no park ranger that could have taken me out. I didn't have my super-fin last night so I did get a few people trying to migrate towards me, but I was rollin' down the street super fast. I didn't growl at anyone yet, but I might choose to in the future. I then thought that my grizzly like persona would carry over to my typical run, but man was I wrong. I guess the grizzly took to much out of me. I was like the typical Cape buffalo on the Serengeti. I was slow, but I still would have had the energy to fight off attackers. There were a lot of people in the area. It made me nervous for only a minute. One other thing that did make me curiously worried was the amount of Motor-homes that are parked on the fourth stretch of the track, right across from the school. This was the same place that the creepy-dude in the pathfinder was parked almost every night I went there last year. I remember them being there all last year as I ran too. I might have to call and report them for being questionable. Or better yet, maybe I should just move out of my place, buy a Motor-home, and park it there next to them. But then again, I might be seen as the weirdo near a school.

In front of my building in the evening there is a migration of snails across the sidewalk, from the flower garden area to the stretch of grass by the street. Its not usually a problem cause I'm not usually out that late, but last night was the exception. As I was casually walking my bike into by building, I started hearing all this crunching noise from under my feet with almost every other step. At first I thought that one of the neighborhood kids had spilled their bag of chips, but as I looked back, I then thought it could have been crunchy leaves, but then as I realized that I was in the gauntlet of Snail-crossing, I became very grossed out, and then tip-toed my way in my building. I don't particularly like snails, at all, but I'd also rather not have their juices on my feet or bike tires. I'll leave that for the French.

Also last night, Mikes Intern friend came back into town with two of her roommates from the byu. Apparently just outside of Vegas, they got a flat tire. After the 'Damsels in distress' look didn't work, they had to replaced the tire themselves. When they got to the nearest repair shop, the repair guy couldn't find the tire that needed repair. Thats cause they had left it on the side of the road. So they had to go back and get it. I teased them about that for a good 20 minutes. I was hilarious.

I'm listening to Def Leppard right now.

Lunch won't have a sponsor today. I'm skipping cause I'm cutting out of work super early. (If I do find a sponsor though, I'll have to let you know on Monday.)

No comments: