Yesterday was such a European Day. I don't think we saw blue sky all day. I think that made me a bit tireder than usual. This morning was clear and blue as can be.
So last night we had arranged one of our wonderful Alternate FHE events. It was announced that the regular fhe would be playing 'water sports' on the field (water balloons, hoses, crap like that) (it was later changed cause of the cold windy weather for the last few days). But we decided we were much to sophisticated for such outdoor activities. Our Alternate group took our fhe party to a place called 'On the Border'. Its over by the Howard Hughes Center. It was Josh's selection, and it was pretty cool. The only down side was that it was a little far away. Also Jeff 'forced' us to join in getting desert with him. And the Spiritual though was given by Danny and Jeff in argument form.
Today during lunch I was able to help a friend out in need. For anonymity sakes, lets just call her 'Sparkles', (in case she doesn't actually want the story out). So I received a frantic text message last week, followed by a phone call. Sparkles apparently works at a place who likes to harass the employees. Sparkle's employer pressured her into going out to lunch with one of the office clients. It was one of those things where a few of the 'brilliant' people in the office decided that 'he was single, and she was single, therefore they should be perfect for each other'. I think thats utterly ridiculous. Just because a 'twice a week' co-worker thinks someone is nice doesn't mean that they are interesting or a decent person to talk to. I don't know what kind of threats or promises were made, but it doesn't sound like a happy fun place to work at to me. So anyway... I was called in for moral support. Because Sparkles was forced into this, I was asked to join in this luncheon to mediate between 'Nice guy' and Sparkles. I had many themes planned as 'That Guy', but I just ended up being normal. But let me tell you, this dude was a real 'winner'. Maybe a 1 on the Personality scale (out of 10). The best description I could compare him to is George McFly, from the first 'Back to the Future' movie. Oh so awkward. I did my best to keep it interesting. I kept bringing up stories of myself, and my last visit to the doctors office, then I spoke of my hatred of bums. It was fun. I tried my hardest to remember every thing NOT to do on a date with these two. The only things I didn't do (but would do next time if I needed) is to belch a lot more, and start telling disgusting medical stories, using as many swear words as possible, as well as random loud out bursts. Wow, this could be even better if I was to be called into action again. It was funny.
Uncle Sam was nice to me today (well actually a few days ago). I got my 'free money' economic stimulus check. Now I'm rich! Looks like I'm going shopping tonight!
Other than that it was a normal day at work.
Lunch was sponsored by Daphne's.
Right now I'm listening to Sting, with all the guys in my office arguing about politics in the background.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment