Thursday, May 29, 2008

Daily Update

So today when riding my bike to work, there was a 'near-miss' as I was coming around the corner from the sidewalk into the alley behind my work. I was just gliding down the sidewalk, in my usual late manner, and just as I was at the corner some old cranky lady with her coffee cup waddled into the same corner area. Seeing this with my hawk-eyes, and having lighting fast reflexes, I was able to clinch my brake handles with my vice-like grip. She acted all surprised, and muttered something like "Geez... (blah blah blah)". I'm pretty sure she yapped something else out with her big slobbery tongue and her misplaced and cigarette stained dentures, but I had my headphones in and I actually had somewhere to be unlike her, so I didn't pay any attention to her wrinkly old prune face. I muttered the word 'sorry', then continued on my way. In actuality I didn't really mean it, and I was only sorry that her dumb face was in my way and that I had to slow down. I don't need anymore dirt or blood stains on my bike so I guess its good that I didn't ram right into her pear shaped body (she might have even dented my bike).

My morning donut supply from Stan's has also been hit with the rising gas prices. Prices went up another 10 cents! Now it will cost me at least 1 whole dollar for each donut I get, and of course the fancy ones go up to $2.35 now. But $1.00?! thats outrageous. I'm going to have to start swinging by Winchell's in the morning to cheer me up from this. Stan has gone completely crazy. I don't know why I don't just make myself Pancakes every morning (like this morning) instead of going to Stan's once or twice a week. (What a great idea!)

Last night I was out wandering around my neighborhood torn between movie makers, and still noticeably upset about last Friday nights travesty, when this girl I know ran into me over by the 7-11. It was Cheryl from the neighborhood. She tried to console me as best she could, but to no avail. This Cheryl girl then suggested that I see another movie to replace all the 'bad' thoughts that were still in my head from the worst film EVER (indiana-jones4). That cheered me up for a minute blunder, but then I sunk back into depression cause I feel dumb going to movies alone. But as luck would have it, Cheryl interested in going to a movie too! What a coincidence! So we went to see a movie I was interested in, AND that I've heard good reviews from word of mouth. We saw Speed Racer. It was cartoony, and comic-bookish, but I really liked it. It was exciting, colorful, clean, and it had a good message (which was a little surprising coming from the Wachowski 'siblings' (from the Matrix)(it used to be 'brothers' but one...isn't a 'brother' anymore... if you know what I mean...)) . It was a little different that I had imagined, but It was SOOO much better than IJ4. There were only 5 other people in the theater too.

I'm listening to Metallica right now. Its just the thing to get me in the mood to work.

Lunch was sponsored by Sunday's Spaghetti Dinner, and Ralph's Water. And then later with snack from Ralph's again.

No comments: