Monday, May 19, 2008

Daily Heat Wave

It seemed like the hottest weekend EVER. At no time did it seem to cool down; it seemed like it was two temperatures from Thursday to Sunday night. Super-Hot when the sun was up, and very-Hot when it was down. Isn't it supposed to cool off at night?! Next time I run into any whether man I'm going to punch him right in the mouth, showing my disdain for his treatment of us LA folk this last weekend.

But on Friday night I was just strolling around my neighborhood when I ran into that Cheryl girl. She was bored and looking for something to do. And what do you know, I was looking for something to do as well. I was actually thinking of going to the movies. So we joined forces and went to see the new Narnia movie: Prince Caspian. It was pretty good. Fun, violent, and informative. As we approached the theater we ran into Kim and Byron, And as soon as we walk in the theater, we spotted a whole row of people we know; namely Fairburn, Selby, and the Ghetto girls. It was truly a coincidental evening.

The next day I woke up at the same time I always do, my fan was blowing hot air from outside on me (the sun was up so it was already a 'Super-Hot Temperature'), the pains of hunger were setting in, and the feeling of being already late for something were upon me. Except this time I wasn't rushed due to 'being late for work'. I had to run (drive) to the store to buy supplies for my Saturday Morning Pancake Experience. Oh it was so Good!! (notice the double exclamation points). I've definitely perfected the taste, now I just need to work on appearance and presentation.

A little later in the day I was walking over to the 7-11 to find soda-pop. Just as I was going in, I ran into Cheryl, who was also looking for Soda-pop. She was about to drive over to Los Feliz area to hang out. I turns out that I was wanting to go over to the Hollywood Bowl area to buy concert tickets, What a coincidence! So I asked to tag along. It was super hot outside, but luckily Cheryl's automobile has an A/C. After she stopped at the H. bowl we noticed that her car was leaking coolant, so then she got worried. We stopped at some place so the car could take a 'time-out' (so that it wouldn't overheat). This place was called 'The House of Pies'. (which sounds really good right now). It was like a taste of Heaven right on the tip of my tongue. It was in Cheryl's 'old stompin grounds', so she knew the way around pretty well. It was really good food, and when we were done the car was a bit cooler, but we did decided to keep the A/C off to make sure we got home.

But on the way home, we noticed a little Art show in Beverly Hills. It was on the grass next to Santa Monica Blvd, for 3 1/2 blocks. It was pretty cool, yet interesting to see what other people think that I should hang in my house. Lots of weird stuff, lots of paintings, some wood-worked stuff ( one guy had copied my Man-Box idea), and some sculpture/pottery. The usual assortment.

A few hours later, I had planned with Josh to pick up an extra couch that Eddie was giving me. It was a nice couch, two reclining positions on it, fairly new... I just wish it would have fit in my stupid apartment, AND that it didn't take 5 bloody hours to take care of it!!! So after trying many options, Josh, Jeff, and Myself, concluded that it wouldn't fit. All this in the first hour. So we take it to Veteran, They need a fourth couch, one for each roommate, right. But no, it won't just fit in there (like I thought it would), they need to clean, rearrange, organize, think-about, and then think some more about it. It was a big decision to make room for it cause it wasn't just 'Lets put it here'. It was "I don't like how the room is arranged, lets re-design it". (!!!) I didn't feel it was my place to complain cause they were helping me, (but it turned into me helping them). So they would move the TV, then sit and think about it for 35 minutes. Then move it back, then think about it for 10 minutes. Then they'd move the existing couch, then think about it for 35 minutes. Then talk about something else for 20 minutes. Then we'd convince Josh that making a move was good, we'd do it, then he wouldn't like it. Holy crap, I never thought it would take so long. I know that Josh has trouble making up his mind about everything, but By the Beard of Zeus it took a Real Long Time! Till 11:30 to be exact. I've moved entire households in LESS amount of time than it took us to move this one stupid couch. (I think moving this one couch was a good advertisement to me NOT to move in with them, (but don't tell them I said that). Then after that frustrating 5 hours, the only way I was going to get a ride home was to thus go to Carls Jr. with them too. I was so tired at that point, I actually considered sleeping in the gutter and hoping to be cooled off by the lawn sprinklers that go on in the mornings, maybe catching a stray curious squirrel that got to close, and surviving off that and edible vegetation in the area. But instead I went with the kids to Carl's. When we got there we ran into the new Greenfield girls, Sara and Jessica. What a coincidence that they needed Milkshakes as bad as we did at that late hour.

Sunday we hung out at Cheryl's wonderfully Air-Conditioned place. She made a Burrito Casserole, and Jeff made Pineapple Upside-down cake. It was so good. My tummy is still happy with me. After hanging out, stuffing ourselves, Josh and Jeff led a new-member discussion with Silvia, with 8 other On-lookers. It was interesting and informative.

Lunch was sponsored by Marvin's Diner. The usual Mexican dude wasn't there, so it tasted funny. (but not Ha Ha funny).

I'm listening to some talk radio show where they're interviewing some lady how thinks 9-11 is a government cover up, and what you see on TV was all a cartoon. "if you look at footage of the event, you can see people waving from the buildings saying that they're ok". and not to mention, that "the Holocaust was just a misinterpretation of what was really going on, that they were actually killing themselves". She's completely crazy. I don't know how people can get by with actually living in this age thinking that. Stupid people really need to stop breeding.

It was a long weekend.

No comments: