So as some of you may know I was able to sneak out of work super early on Friday, and travel to Utah to go to Gretta n Rob's wedding reception (thats the GnR of the title in case you didn't get that).
Going to the Airport on Friday was like the Fashion Show of the Casual. Most people look like they had just rolled out of bed. Their Saturday morning attire at best. It was also very obvious which people were being paid to be there; with the fancy dress shirts, ties, and they pay to be first in line. The kids were running free like at a playground; the older young kids would run around like at the mall, as the young ones would see the wide open hallways as an escape route from their parents. After my wait there, I really think that there should be a special 'kid' room where you have to bring your rug-rats, so they will stay out of the way of us normal people; just like the smoker room. One exciting moment there was some guy screaming at the security screening area really loud. There were two bike cops there to close off the area to all the lookie-loo's. Honestly, at the Airport is some of the best People-watching outside of Europe.
There's something about airports that drain all battery powered devices. For some time the last three times I've been to the airport my cell phone has ran out of life. This time My phone AND my J-pod shuffle cut out too. I don't know what kind of 'draining' technology they have there, but I'm going to have to look into it.
After my two hour 'nap' I woke up in Utah. It was also an adventure on the Salt Lake Freeway. My first Utah destination was Crown Burger! Oh, it was SOOOO GOOD. It was super fantastic. And for some reason when my mom saw MY french fries, she saw that as an invitation to try to eat my food. Oh, how she was mistaken. I had to slap her hand away. Then for some reason she saw that as a game, and then kept trying to eat my fries. So I had to snatch all my food up and go lock myself in a room to keep her away.
Saturday was almost the most boring day ever. I did however treat myself to some wonderful pancakes though. That was definitely the highlight of my morning. I gave my mom a picture of me and my brothers for Mom-day. She loved it of course. My dad must plan his yard work around when me or my brothers are there cause every 10 minutes after waking up, he'd come in the house and ask us to do stupid yard work crap for him. "Oh, glad you're here, can you lift this 30lb, trash can for me? Can you push this [annoyingly large] rock up this hill, and in circles around the yard? thanks". I've definitely decided that my next trip to SLC will probably be my last. When I plan vacations I have NO intentions of doing lists of chores. Not only that, but every single bed in that house is on a 3-5 degree angle! Its a struggle to stay on it. Its almost like sleeping on a large round ball. And I don't even thing I can call it a bed, its more like a medieval torture device that they had me sleep on. My back still hurts from subjecting myself to that.
Ah, so then in the evening I rolled on over to the Gretta n Rob Wedding Reception. It was pretty cool. I got there early enough to be one of the first in the food line, which was pretty darn good. Lots of fruits, and veggies, and other orderves. I spent most of my time near the desert table. They had little pies, and éclairs, cinnamon-roll chunks, and oh ya, and both a white and milk chocolate fountain with a whole smörgåsbord of stuff to smother in this chocolate goodness; Strawberries, pineapple, brownies, rice-crispy treats, cream-puffs, marshmallows, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things too. It was simply delightful. I also ran into Phil and Jill there. I hung out with them for most of the time. It was fun. If it weren't for them I just would have stuffed my face then left probably. But we had a chat with them. There were a lot of people there, and when the sun went down it got cold. The kids looked good, and they were super busy greeting all the people that were there. It went from 7-10pm for heavens sakes. I'll have to show you some pictures some time. Good times.
On Sunday I almost thought that I'd be late to the airport cause my dad NEVER gets up on time, and he's afraid to drive faster than 55mph on the freeways (35 on any side street). It took me the whole plane ride home to decide on who to call and ask for a ride. I knew that so many people would be 'out of town' for this busy mothers day holiday, and after going down the list, I come across Cheryl's number. I nervously call, fearing I'd wake her up, but not only was she in town, and awake, she was just about to go for a 'Sunday drive', What a coincidence! and it worked out great for me too.
Lunch was sponsored by the Corner Bakery.
I'm listening to Neil Diamond right now, with someones loud shoes in the background.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment