Thursday, May 8, 2008

Daily Update

So in a move to collect cardboard I found a small stash at work. As I was about to leave work I realized that I didn't have a backseat to throw this large box into, or a trunk. It was going to be fairly awkward to ride my bike down the slope to my place, so carrying it the whole way was out of the question. I ended up tucking it into by book bag, which had a shoulder strap, as well as a waist belt. It made me look like a small airplane. After my ride I realized how correct the decision was not to carry it cause I almost took flight a few times with how fast I was going. Then there were the obstacles of people that I had to dodge. Not as many people wanted to walk into my path though. I figure with the additional width they were scared off.

I was sitting at home almost to the point to boredom when I decided that the only thing I wanted to eat were Chocolate Chip Cookies. Oh, the deliscious goodness of those soft chewy morsels, I needed them in my mouth right now! Upon making this decision, I ran to my kitchen and started taking inventory of my cookie making supplies. I fell short of my needed supplies so I sat in my kitchen and cried. My mind was somewhere between a diabetic coma and Nestle Toll House Fantasy Land. As I wiped away the tears of remorse, I quickly thought of who was close by that I knew, and who could help me through this hard time in an understanding and sympathetic manner. Coincidentally the only person I could think of was this Cheryl girl who lives just across Santa Monica Blvd. As I was huddled in the corner of my apartment I fumbled for my phone until it fell close to me. I dialed as best I could through my tear filled eyes until I actually got the right. I drew myself up to composure as best I could and we casually conversed until I conveniently brought up my Cookie situation. She kindly looked through her cabinet finding the needed ingredients. As she confirmed my needs, and admitted that she too liked an occasional Chocolate Chip Cookie. As my eyes widened, I went out on a limb and asked if I could go over to her place and use some of her ingredients, and make cookies over there. She casually agreed to my offer, and it wasn't more than 2 minutes before I gathered all I need and was rushing out the door, dashing for her place. So, then at her place, we started making these glorious cookies. It was funny at first cause after i mentioned how I was going to go about making these little morsels of heaven, she questioned my abilities. Then she quietly took control of the cookie making machine, and then had me assist her. I was fine with that since she probably knew her way around her kitchen better than I did. They baked as we watched TV. As the buzzer rang, it was like waking up on Christmas morning. Taking all those little presents out of the oven was almost overwhelming to me. I shed a tear of joy. The only thing about Christmas morning is that you don't usually burn your finger on the presents under the tree. As they cooled to an eating temperature (just under scalding hot) my mind drifted off to dream land. and started dancing around her apartment. I'm glad she took over cause I wasn't sure that my version would turn out as well. Its definitely a science that I need to perfect for myself. So last night they were definitely above average, ( I ate at least a dozen) But this morning/afternoon, Wow, they were spectacular. I don't know what made my taste buds so unsure last night, but Shizam! As I helped myself to a few more during my lunch hour, I was blown away by how spectacular they still tasted. Maybe they're kind of like wine, where it only gets better over time. But whatever her secret was, it was great. (Thanks Cheryl. Maybe we can make cookies again some time... if you aren't to busy.) (sorry everybody, there's no more left, I ate them all, so I can't share.)

Lunch was sponsored by Quizno's.

I'm listening to the Rolling Stones right now.

No comments: