Monday, June 2, 2008

Daily Update

I escaped Jury duty today by the skin of my teeth. I called late last night and I didn't need to show up today. whewwwww!. This weekend though was quite busy, relaxing, and entertaining. I almost don't even know where to start. Almost...

Friday was kind of weird. I was almost the only one at work till 6pm. Everyone else decided to leave early, around 4. I was left so alone for a while. In the evening (after i got home) I started painting again. Its been a while. It was so fun to get back into it. I started doing touch ups, then I started making big changes. If this painting was a chess match you could definitely say that I advanced behind enemy lines, terrorizing the enemy as they slept. I ran a successful mission sharpening lines, darkening shadows, brightening highlights, blossoming flowers, expanding foliage, and I even added a new balcony. It was so exciting. The best way to paint is imagining yourself in each of the rooms, window's, balcony's, in the stores, on the shores, in the boats, and playing in the water, and even in the hills in the background looking on. I added more of that element with this last move.

A little while later I went outside for a breather, and you'll never guess who I ran into, thats right, Cheryl, the neighborhood girl. She was out walking around thinking of where she wanted to search for dinner. And I was all like "what a great idea! can I come too?" And she's all like " I guess so". So we went to California Pizza Kitchen. It was so great! I'm in love with the Thai Chicken Pizza. Its to die for. A little while later we were invited back to her place by L-Train to watch 'Walk the Line'. It was good, but I now think less of Johnny Cash. I mean really, I had no idea he was such a druggie. That perplexed me all night. Later my brother explained to me that being a messed up druggie is prerequisite for being a rock-star.

My glorious Saturday morning Pancake Cook-off continued as usual. I'm so good at making pancakes. I don't mean to brag, but its true. It was just the thing to get the day started off right. I continued to exercise my painting skills as well in the morning. I was pretty into it, just like before. I got a lot done, in fact enough for me to call it Finished! My younger brother will be happy to hear that (but it might annoy my older brother cause it took me about 2 years to finish his. But what can you do.)

On Saturday night I had heard that 'The Forbidden Kingdom' was playing at the Fox Lot. Then at the last minute Jeff decided that he wanted to go to the ward activity, but then I remembered that my friend Cheryl was working at Fox for a little bit so I called her in desperation of seeing this movie. It turns out that she wasn't doing anything so she gave in to my pleas for assistance. But seeing that i was desperate to go, she then asked i knew anything about cars. Being a guy, I of course said that I did. And she then said that if I could help her fix her car door handle that she'd get me on the Fox Lot. So I rushed over to see what I could do. I have some experience with Volkswagen car doors, but Japanese car doors, not so much. (but I'd never admit that to anyone else.) So I spent what seemed to be the next 3 hours shimmying and wiggling my hand into shady car door places, slicing and scratching my hands and arms in the process. But I was tough about it, not showing the pain. It was the manly thing to do.

Our Sunday night our Hang out took us over to Jeff's. Again, it was a blast. We had to explain to a few 'slang' terms to Danny. It left a few people embarrassed, and a few bright red, and a few surprised. But it was very informative for him I'm sure. The conversation would have been better taking place in a locker room, but Jeff's living room had to suffice. Other than that the highlight of the evening were the Chocolate chip cookies that Cheryl made. They kept getting better and better with every one I would eat. (we also watched a Disney-Pixar Cake challenge on the food network, then we watched 'the next food network star' or whatever its called. It was fun cause we knew Kelsie Nixon on it. She is/was in our ward. Its an interesting show. You should watch it too.

Lunch was sponsored by Last weeks Spaghetti, Ralph's water, Reese's Pieces, and Oreo's cookies. Yup, thats right, I brought my lunch again. It was fabulous.

I'm listening to some Alternative band right now. they're allover the radio, but I don't know their name.

No comments: