The new guy at work sure gets a lot of phone calls. He must work for the Korean mafia. Its the only excuse. Other than that he's a quiet guy. They put him by me cause Patrick and Danny didn't want to have to answer all the questions that they knew he would have about our software, those jerks.
I went for a quick jog through the Ural Mountain part of town last night. I almost tried talking myself out of it, but I didn't listen. It was easier than last week. Maybe cause I cut it a little short of the highest mountain peak. I was only a lowly rough and tough Mountain Goat after all. Leaping from hilltop to hilltop. My fun was short lived cause my stomach was leading me a different way, the shorter way home that is. I guess its good that my internal compass/GPS device still works.
Later that evening I was sitting in my apartment bored out of my mind. My desktop computer's internet is acting up and pretending to be broken so I couldn't shop like I wanted to. So in my bored rage I started calling all the people in my phone to see if they had anything for me to do that night. And what do you know, it wasn't to long before I ran into someone who needed my help. As I got to the 'C' section of my phone book, I called the next number and Cheryl answered. I told her my situation, and she told me that both she and her roommate were a bit hungry. I suggested a light fluffy, deliciously cooked Pan Fried Cake delights, by yours truly. My descriptions were too tantalizing for her I think. And they have been known to have healing powers too. So with that assurance, they invited me over to make a batch of my 'Delightfully terrific Pancakes of light and joy with mysterious healing powers' for them. Again, like usual, they were so good. It was in a different setting, but I still didn't fail to impress.
Its funny that in California that the evening news and other news ads have switched from mostly Celebrity sightings to Gas-Rage sightings. They document all the fights, arguments, complaints, and arrests revolving around the high gas prices.
Lunch was sponsored by the usual Ham and Cheese, chips, soda, and candy.
I'm listening to Alanis Morrisette right now.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment