Friday, June 13, 2008

Daily Update - Friday Edition

I was swift like the sleekly camouflaged antelope of the Serengeti. My furry covering stealthed me against the evil and untamed creatures of the wild. But under my furry camouflage I was tough as a nail, and mean as an....an angry person. I forgot my watch again, but I know I was fast. I crossed the finish line only moments after the Pink Ninja, and the raskely kitten also did better, reaching the end just after I did. There weren't that many other people around to compete with, but those I did see, I passed and then kicked up dust at them, just so they would know that I was passing them in a blaze of glory. I'm pretty sure I run slower when I bike to work. It completely tires my legs out before the run. When I start remembering to find my watch, I'll have to stop biking to the tired point.

So after my run I made my way home and decided that the best thing that I could make for dinner would be a marvelous batch of my Delicious Pancake Delights! OH, the light and fluffy and creamy goodness! Ohhhh, I need some of that in me right now! Ohhh, Mmmm mmm ohhh, mmmm ohhh ahhh. Anyway, I start making them and I had scheduled for Josh to come over so I could help him with a 10 minute project. He's designing a flag for his Police recruit class, and needed help. Oh ya, and he needed it by morning of course. So he rings as I'm in the midst of cooking, and a minute later, Jeff walks in. I immediately think to myself, "Oh crap, what are you doing here". I was willing to help Josh for 1 hour MAX., and Jeff walks in. No offense Jeff, but I don't think you've ever intended to get in and out of any place in UNDER an Hour! And thats what I needed. My heart sank, cause I didn't want to offend them, but I did have an important TV watching schedule that evening. It was the first result show for 'So you think Jim can Dance" show after all. So I help Josh with his Class banner, and the quick 10 cut and paste job turned into a "lets search the internet for more options" job. Wasn't what I had hoped for (but indeed what I had expected). so come 9:30 when I intended to leave, I told them I would give him 10 more minutes MAX. then at 9:40 I told Josh 2 more minutes. After those two minutes I hit the save button, asked him if he liked it and immediately responded for him, that he'd have to be ok with it, due to my time constraints; all said as I was getting up and walking off. It would have been better with more time, but my time was promised elsewhere. Then there was jeff who was just prancing around my apartment like a 'prince(ss)'. Helping himself to my kitchen's supplies for at least 45 minutes, then I thought it was funny as he came in my room and sprawled out all over my bed like he was moving it. It was like he wanted someone to fan him and feed him more. But that was about the time I was leaving so it didn't last long. sorry jeff.

Today for lunch I'm having a picnic at my desk. Its terrific fun, except for the fact that I still have to work. I'm leaving early today to drive to some little unknown town with a few other kids. I think its called Los Wegas.

I'm not listening to anything right now. Its the price I have to pay for working harder than normal.

No comments: