Thursday, June 26, 2008

Daily Update

I'm sitting at work sweating. Emilio apparently adjusts the thermostat every 20 minutes, usually making it 1 degree warmer every time. Oh, and he already layers his sweaters, and leather vest, and jackets, all on top of his long sleeve shirts and ties and scarfs. The one time I adjusted it became bearable for everyone, until Emilio took another lap around the office then the temp got changed back. (right before I leave I'm going to drop the thermostat down to a beautiful 60 degrees, so when he gets there in the morning, he'll be to afraid to enter the building!)

I was about to go out for a run last night, but right as I was sitting on the curb lacing up my shoes, some random voice said, 'oh, hello' from behind me. And it turned out it was Cheryl from South of Santa Monica. She was just on her way home to find something to eat. I quickly changed my story, and decided that I was too. I was in the pit of despair of hunger. It would have been nice to run, but I though that feeding my belly would be more uplifting. So on the walk back to her place we decided on a quaint little Indian place nearby. It was 'India's Oven' over on Westwood, and it was really good! I was pleasantly surprised, to the point of needing to lick my plate clean. We were even provided with an arrangement of samples of Indian techno, Indian classical, Indian Pop, and Ethnic Indian music. Altogether it authenticated the experience. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I saw Cheryl staring at me in fright, holding up her napkin to shield herself from splashes of spicy curry debris.

My Dance-a-thon show was on last night. It was ultra awesome. The part I was awake for anyway. Its crazy this season cause they're all such good dancers, I can't even decided who I should vote for. I also haven't found anyone to hate yet this year, like in previous years.

My picnic stayed in my office today. I volunteered to stay in and answer phones so every one else could go out.

I'm listening House of Pain right now.

No comments: