Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Daily Update

After I got home last night I had to go for a walk. It was so hot in my appartment I thought I would literally melt. I guess its not the best thing to leave the blinds open on our balcony window/doors. So while I was walking I was thinking of what I could do, or where I could go and you'll never guess who I ran into; No, not Tom Cruse, but the neighborhood girl, Cheryl. I informed her of my situation, and that I was interested in eating food at that moment, and it turns out that she was too! What a coincidence. So we joined forces. I had a gift card from BJ's that was burning a hole in my pocket so thats where we went. I ordered the 1/2 pound bacon cheese burger classic with spicy hot wedge cut fries. It was quite delicious. After stuffing my mouth for 30 minutes I remembered then that I was trying to ween myself off of the Buffet lifestyle (eating as much as I can per sitting), and then contemplating going to the bathroom and Ralphing it all up. But I didn't. I wanted to enjoy the hamburger taste, not the stomach acid taste.

(And as another side note on puking, I don't know how many of you Sara's been telling that I puked up my food at the Bellagio buffet just so I could eat more of its goodness, but I DIDN'T. I can naturally eat that much, I assure you! My family has snake like digestion qualities. For example, my brother can dislocate his jaw, just so he can fit things in his mouth that are actually larger than his head, as where I can pack a lot in, and soon my body size/shape adjusts to whats in it. Its survival of the fittest I tell you. Its science, just ask Darwin.)

After that I had remembered that Greenfield was hosting Julia's Birthday Party. How scrumptious! They had tons of brownies in different varieties, and loads of flavorful Ice Cream. The brownies were so good, I can barley even describe the goodness involved. Soft and chewy, chocolaty, and moist cake like goodness were almost to much for me to handle. I have a few of them before everyone else knew they were there. The living room was full of people and I needed to stuff my mouth before any of them. So when they were told of the brownie situation, I moved to the ice cream.

On a side note: I was very disappointed with Dreyer's Ice cream in general. To no fault of Greenfield, Julia's birthday party, or surprisingly anyone else there. I remember when I left Utah in 2006, Dryers shrunk their 1/2 gallon size ice cream containers to 1.75 quarts, instead of the full 2 quarts which = 1/2 gallon! I was in shock about this, and was only starting to accept this smaller size, when BAM, they do it again! How could they?! I realize that they are keeping the cost relatively stable by simply adjusting the container size(after all, thats how Hershey's did it back in the day), but eventually they are going to have to phase the 1/2 gal. out cause they already have the pint size. then what will the cost be?! I'm just really disappointed in Dreyer's right now.

I'm listening to Rob Zombie right now.

Lunch was sponsored by another picnic at Ralph's again.

No comments: