Oops, I did it again. My alarm wasn't enough, so I randomly woke up at 9:30 and threw on the nearest clothes I could, and sped off to work. I was having a weird dream you see. Thats why I was so eager to sleep more. I was dreaming about being in a stationary store, and no one would help me. I became furious about that, and thus became belligerent. Then my alarm woke me. After I pounded my alarm off, I eagerly sought my pillow, to work out a resolution in my mind. Realizing it was a dream, I think, I decided to be as belligerent as possible. I figured that if they weren't going to help me, they'd have to clean up after me. I tore the shop up significantly, then decided to leave, and when the elevator door opened, it was the bright sunlight of morning. And thats when I saw my clock.
In the last few days I'm been having computer problems; namely, one of the hard drives in my desktop is no longer accepting data. I was casually transfering my Euro Pics onto it when I all of a sudden got some weird error message saying that It (the drive) is stupid and lame, and no longer taking orders from me, and data has been lost, namely a dozen or so of my Euro-pics. Good thing I'm weird like that and have them saved in two other places as well, otherwise I would have maybe freaked out and thrown my computer through the wall (from the third floor) and down to the street. But luckily I can still access the data on it, so I've transfered all the info to a seperate portable drive, so now I'm going to melt that hard drive with a magnifing glass next time I get the chance. Its really annoying, but at least I still have the information.
This weekend was SWELTERING. I don't think it dropped below 150 the entire weekend. It must have been some sort of record. Honestly. The weather man is lying. On Saturday when I woke up I was already to tired to move at 10am, with my fan blowing hot air on me. Miserable. (but you wanna hear how 'cool' LA is right now? LA leads the nation in GAS PRICES!! Thanks LA for taxing the hell out of us for no particular reason. WTF?!)
So on Friday, one of the guys in my office got laid-off. Its to bad, but last Monday we found out that one of our huge projects was stopped (due to cost. It turns out that 70 story buildings just north of the strip in Vegas are much more expensive than the owners thought.) And we had just hired a new guy. But later after the office gossip hit, I heard that the bosses just weren't pleased, and that the new guy was his replacement. Either way, its tough.
After work I cruised home to relax, but that wasn't happening in an apartment that was a constant 90 degrees Fahrenheit, so I went for a walk. While wiping sweat away I ran into Cheryl from the Neighborhoods. She was also out noticing that it was super hot, and she was looking for food. What a coincidence, cause I was dreaming of eating food to that night! We joined forces to find something over at the Century City Mall. I offered to take her to a movie too, but she didn't like that idea. (Apparently it would have made it too much like a 'date', proving awkward for both of us, so we didn't.) And the only show and time that we wanted was sold out too. I guess the night wasn't a complete waste cause I got to eat at Panda Express.
On Saturday I treated myself to another delicious batch of Spectacularly Delicious Pancakes. I had to force myself to stop shoving handfuls of them down my throat at a time so I could take the time to breath. After I stuffed myself I went to Costco for lunch, and ended up getting groceries too. The fun part about Costco was when I made a shopping cart dash for the large walk in vegetable cooler. There was some big fat whiny lady in there complaining about the strawberries that were being sold for a great deal. She was to big and lazy to dig for a good crate, so she decided to complain about it instead. She was really loud and really obnoxious. She was also trying to get everyone around her to not buy them either. She also demanded to see the manager to some employee who just told her that there was no back stock ( we were standing in the 'back-stock' cooler right then), and he told her he was the manager. So she just turned fatter and whinnier than before. At that point I decided I wanted strawberries too, so I went and looked, and saw a few crates that I might buy. As her loudness was turned toward me I started making equally rude comments back to her. "Maybe you should look with your eyes and not your sausage fingers", or 'Mmmm these look good, I think I'll take two'. Then as it waddled by me, and said something else, I replied to it reminding it to mind its own business". It was a fun time. When I got back, I was to tired to do anything. As the heat was getting to me I started walking towards Wendy's for food. At about half way there, you'll never guess who I ran into, that Cheryl girl from just across the boulevard. She was wondering what I was doing looking like a pilgrim so far outside of my walking zone, so I told her I was on a quest for food, and that Wendy's was my destination. She was then casual about offering me a ride there, for only a small 'fee'. Cause she was out looking for food too. So I gave in and we went. After that I talked her into letting me go over to her place and watch TV there ( she has air-conditioning). It was brilliant. I don't remember what we watched, only that it was super-cool over there. Oh ya, and I do remember the two girls giving me an extensive and detailed lesson on Hair care products. I wonder if they were trying to sell me something, or to manipulate my mind into thinking that I need to wash my hair more than once a month. Hmmm... we'll see. Sunday was another miserable Slow-Sunday at church. Remember how I've complained about the miserable heat before? Well, its even worse in a stuffy church building with 300 people in it WHERE THE A/C DOSEN'T WORK! I mean seriously, how hard is it to plug the dumb machine in and strap the hoses to the building?! Its not that bad, really! Anyone can do it (except the construction workers working on our chapel. I hope they're getting a really good deal, cause they're obviously mentally retarded and don't know how to do their job! Kind of like cutting the roof up the day before a rainstorm (yup, they did that too.) Last summer it was annoying cause the A/C in the Elders Q. room didn't work, but now its the whole building. If its like this next week, I'll definitely be visiting the catholic building next door for services. They don't torture their members! That night we had brownies and chocolate dipped strawberries at Cheryl's place. (Yup, its still nicely Air conditioned.)
I'm listening to the end of Lord of the rings right now. The more I hear of Frodo and Sam, the more I hate them. Those two fairies are the most annoying part of the story.
Lunch was sponsored by my own home's Refridgerator.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment