Thursday, June 19, 2008

Daily Update

In addition to my entry 'Jerk on a bike', I would like to add a few notes. I'm disappointed in my parking garage. My bike is an average Costco type bike, so being 3-4 years old it needs gentle care. One of the cares that I give it from time to time is the good ol' WD-40 treatment. You see, its an oil that you can spray on the gears, or whatever, and then it will squeak less. I sprayed it with the oil crap one day and then two days later, the small WD-40 can that I left out by my car in my parking garage disappeared! I mean really! Never did I think that it would walk away itself. I mean, who would want to take a $2 can of spray oil? And where I put it, only 4 different parking stalls would have been able to see it, so I think I know the general demographic of the 'reliever of my possessions'. Just today I have planned my revenge. I have recently come across a sale item at Ralph's, namely Mayonnaise. Yes, I think its safe to say that I will soon 'miracle whip' their cars into a 'funny' shape. OOps did I just spill a quart of oily junk INto your car door? (One oil for another is fair, right? ) Oh, heaven forbid that they leave their windows open... they might just find a squirt of 'Fish Sauce' sprayed onto their seats. Nothing better than the smell of stinky fish to remind them not to take my WD-40 from me! If I must live with a squeaky bike, they'll have to live with a stinky car.

Also on my bike, the road to and from work has been getting a little boring as of late. I've felt like changing my route to make it more interesting. Well, I've reconsidered as of last night, cause the road home was a little... strange. I went straight down Westwood Blvd. There were many freaks and 'side-show's' alike. I found it troublesome to dodge them all so after a few minutes I just started plowing right into them. I didn't feel that bad cause I did make the 'beep beep' sound. To get to work I found a flatter road, just on the other side of the temple. Its a slight constant incline as the other streets I've taken are pretty bumpy and annoying. (I can't wait till winter when I start to drive again... perhaps.)

I've been making up for missing work time, so I've been staying late. Its not all that bad... i guess. But when I did get home I was already spent. I didn't have that much time to relax before I had to watch the Dance show.

(did you hear abut that Jamie Lynn Spears girl, britney's sister, having her kid? She did. Wow, a mom at 17, good job britney's mom. (its really to bad that she didn't go through with writing that parenting book. That would have been a fun read.) How many weeks until she starts drinking and sleeping around, Oh Wait...)

I'm listening to The Lord of the Rings right now.

Lunch was sponsored by a lovely Picnic in the museum courtyard.

No comments: