Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Daily Update - Trisha's B-Day Edition

I escaped Jury Duty again today by the skin of my teeth. I called just as I was leaving workso they wouldn't be in suspense till tomorrow. I just hope this early streak of luck continues thru friday.

Last night in place of our 'Alternate' FHE, we went to C&O's for Trisha's Birthday Dinner. And we all had a splendid time. (It could have been considered a JJJCKSTJEEDHE event as well.) They serve gargantuan size meals, so I have left-overs for the next 2 days as well. And just as they bought our food out, I realized that I was already almost full! But I stuffed the food down generously. But then 10 minutes in, I hit a wall hard. It was like my jaw was unwilling to move anymore on its own. So I then took the time to draw on the tables with the crayons that they provided. I drew a big sailing pirate ship, and an attack dragon that was really big, then I drew an I-tallian chef playing the accordion and singing, in honor of the Dean Martin song that they had the whole restaurant sing. THEN, after everyone else was full, I thought we were going to be wrapping it up, but Then they bring over the desert trays and all I heard Jeff say was "We're going to need at least one of each"! Now, I'm not surprised that this was said, but I was already full, and I've never been one for 'deserts'. I actually don't really like the idea of it to be honest. But a half-dozen people who were stuffed full seconds earlier, now all of a sudden had plenty of room to 'try at least One or two bites of each of them'. (I had to roll my eyes at that, twice in fact.) Then it was lucky for all of us at my end of the long table that Trisha had moved to our end of the table cause The server guy (who obviously had a 'thing' for TLH) gave her the deserts first then we would pass them down after a small sample. Then the desert plates would zig-zag down the table to Jeff's end, where no one would ever see the plates again. I think that he told himself that 'we were done and were simply passing them down to him'. But a few minutes later after my end of the table saw him licking two plates clean at once, we commented on his 'unpassingness'. His only response was 'Oh, sorry i didn't know'. Next time I pass him any sort of desert I'll also have to spell out specific instructions on what do do with it, and for how long, etc.

After dinner I was driving home and I passed that Cheryl girl who was at dinner with us. I offered her a ride home, cause I was going her way after all. She then invited me over to help her 'un-Tivo' one of the Star Trek :next generation episodes. Wow, what a coincidence, I was just going home to watch that episode too! It was fun being geeky. We also decided that a few of the old Star Trek monsters sound EXACTLY like Danny's evil/sinister voice. So every time the monsters would talk, we would laugh at the resemblance.

(yesterday during lunch I was eating over at Ralph's, and I sat on their outside picnic tables, next to these two nurses. I didn't think anything of it at first, but after a few seconds, I couldn't help notice/hear them. One was complaining about EVERYTHING (she was planning a party just so she could NOT invite a co-worker who doesn't invite her to enough stuff. Then other was eating as loud as possible. She was splashing all over the place. I even think that I was hit with some lettuce shrapnel. She ate at least one foot long sub-sandwich in four bites as I was sitting there. I was afraid of my lunch's safety so I decided to scoot down a few tables, and as I was leaving I think she started on her second foot long sandwich. I didn't tell you this yesterday cause it was still so traumatic to me. But these two people were just fascinating.)

Lunch was sponsored by Panda Express today.

I'm listening to The Refreshments right now.

No comments: