I am still knocking on wood, cause I've escaped this Jury Duty assignment yet once again. My fingers will be crossed for only 4 more hours from now, hoping I escape tomorrow too.
Yesterday wasn't that adventurous. Right after work I decided to put my brothers painting in the box (finally). And then I decided to put a clip on it to secure the canvas into the frame. It was immediately pointed out to me that the clips i had didn't fit. And the more I thought about it, but more I thought i needed these stupid clips. It would help it stay in place during shipping I guess, so I decided that I needed them. So then I ran down to Aaron brothers to get the proper sized canvas clips. Upon asking them questions, I quickly realized they were not interested in helping me there. They were also not interested in having very much brain function at all actually. I swear the kid I spoke to lived under power lines as a kid, and I'm sure that he still eats paint chips. I told him what I wanted, and after a 10 second pause, he offered me something completely different. I realized that I needed to speak louder and slower. After he then took me to a part of the store and started sales pitching me some crappy expensive service, I just turned and left. I was annoyed.
On the way home I decided to find food to eat my upsetedness away. As I was crossing the street I heard someone honking at me. I turned and looked and it was Cheryl. She apparently was on her way to eat at the same Chinese place that I was. What a coincidence! After that I invited her to watch the Dance show over at her place. She nicely accepted.
After the dancing was over i went home to start packing Joe's painting in a box. Ya I know, its been at least 1 month since I said that I would. But I was actually doing it this time. And it got to be pretty late. I was slow at it I guess. But Eric came into the living room all dressed up at about 12:30 with a dismayed look on his face. I asked if he was going to a party, and he then asked if I was willing to help him with something. So I asked him what he had in mind, and if chocolate was involved. He needed someone to help him go to the hospital over in Beverly Hills. Someone in his ward had a mild 'Heart attack'. After about 5 minutes of inner deliberation I granted him this favor, realizing that it was going to keep me up for a while longer. So we got to go to Cedars-Sinai. They charge $5 every 15 minutes for parking, so we ended up walking a ways, but we didn't have to pay. The best part of the night was the security guard at the front entrance was in an automated wheelchair! She could barley keep a pen in her hand, let alone a radio, a gun, or a telephone! It took her 10 minutes to fill out our visitor badges. It was splendid. After our visit, I went home and finished wrapping the painting.
Lunch was sponsored by Subway.
I'm listening to Collins complain about computers right now.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment