Lately I've been getting better with dealing with all those busy people who like to get in my way when I'm on my bike. The average, every-day occurrences have gone down but the more sever 'near-misses' are still around. Just yesterday I had a close call with a pack of wild Granny's. They were wandering the streets like lame Hippo's. It was like a migration, how they staggered, and grunted and moaned. For a second I thought they were going to try to attack me like zombies, and then try to gnaw me death. My goal was to bypass the migration route, but they were everywhere, so I had to go thru them. As I was in the midst of the group, I thought I saw them try to surround me, or get directly in front of me just like all the others. So I had to make a break for it, hurrying past the heard on the left side, scaring some of them because of the 'fast' movement. I heard a few of them gumming complaints at me as I sped by. And a few days earlier something very similar to that happened too. As I ride home on Wilshire Blvd, there is only a 1 lane sidewalk, and if Stupid people are out for a walk, then I have to go around, or ride on the grass or something like that. I've just gotten used to it by now.
I don't know if its a good thing, but I've noticed myself being more of a jerk to other bikes, or even cars when I'm on foot. I think that I'm subconsciously taking my aggression out on them for their idiotic behavior when I'm on my bike, whether its taking my time in a cross walk, walking slow in front of them, moving side to side so they can't pass me, or even stopping randomly if they are walking to close to me. It makes me feel good about myself at least.
Last night we had our adventurous Alternate JJJJCSDHE event. We went to Eduardo's. It was a good day cause we all walked there. We talked about our Vegas trip a little bit, and Jeff and Josh showed up, mid-run; they were out for a jog when I called apparently.
Then I went home and noticed that my room was a disaster. I shook my head at it, but it was to late to do anything about. Maybe tomorrow.
I'm listening to the radio right now.
Lunch was sponsored by a mere 800 Calorie Homemade lunch, just like yesterday.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment