Our alternate FHE took the JJCDHE group to California Chicken Cafe last night where we discussed many people's futures in great detail. Not our own of course, everyone else's naturally. It was a small, but fun gathering, which lasted a while cause Jeff had plenty to share.
After that I don't remember much. I was tired, and although the heat had calmed down a bit, it was still warm, mostly in my apartment. I went to be early to avoid any such mornings like yesterday.
My thought of the day was about riding bikes; Who is the bigger fool, A car driver who hits a bike rider, or a biker rider who gets hit by a car? Having a 'near collision' from a person who thought it might be OK to run a VERY red traffic light. I checked both ways, then decided to proceed after the bright walking sign illuminated across Wilshire Blvd. But to my astonishment there was a car who speedily sped around a car who was slowing for the stop light, and he was apparently was going to attempt to run it. I suppose I should have let him cause thats one of the 8 'Photo-Cop' intersections in LA. So am I dumb for not waiting 5-10 seconds after the my green light to cross the street at the intersection, or is he the idiot for trying to run a red light 2-3 seconds after it changed, next to a crowded street corner. Its almost like the chicken and the egg...
I've been on a fascinating journey in the past three or four days, as I've listened to The Lord of the Rings series all over again. There were definitely parts that I think the movie did better, but then other parts that the books did better. Peter Jackson did a pretty good job to modernize and to 'abridge' it I think. I'm currently listening to the music provided by the BBC version of the book. Its quite delightful. It reminds me of Medieval Christmas music that my dad likes.
Lunch was sponsored by The Corner Bakery. Rey and I went to lunch today; thats why there wasn't a picnic.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment