So on Friday night I was so excited about not having to go through with jury duty that I decided to celebrate. I was skipping gleefully around the neighborhood. I was passing the 7-11 when I almost ran into a parked car. And what do you know, it was Cheryl, the girl that I sometimes run into from the neighborhoods, just south of Santa Monica. I was beaming with joy as I announced my joyous day, and then as I told her my evening plans. I was skipping my way to the Kung fu Panda Movie. As I told her that, her eyes widened, and she announced to me that she was thinking going to the Century City Mall Food-court cause she heard that its some of the best pre-movie food around. What a coincidence, I was thinking the same exact thing! So we joined forces to a combined effort of Eating, And Movies. Two of the most entertaining things imaginable. We ended up going to Fudruckers of all places too. It was SOOOOO Good. They have some pretty darn good burgers there, and I hadn't been there in about ten years. Then next best thing about going there is that you can stuff it full of all the vegetable additives that you want too. So when I was loading my exquisite burger full of lettuce, tomato, and Pickles, some little ya-hoo decided that he also needed straws, or napkins, or something. But Me and My tray were in front of such items due to the lack of space. So this kid starts reaching into my 'Personal Bubble' space for these items, but I was the one with the food in the tongs. So I start/continue to place/drop pickles onto my plate. OH, but what do you know this kids arms were in my way, so my pickles start landing all over this kids arms. It was at that point that he realized that he was in the way of my food, and then he backed off. So in order to seem like I was being THAT much of a jerk, I continued to drop food onto my plate from about 1' up. Then as I moved on, I gave him the evil eye, and then he apologized, so I very sarcastically said that it was "No Problem". I had to try really hard not to laugh at my behavior, cause it was really funny.
But then we saw Kung-Fu Panda. It was good. I liked it.
I kicked Saturday off with a few of my Glorious Pancake Delights (formerly 'Pancakes'). It was the typical super-spectacular event. I only had me to make food for so it went pretty quick. It definitely helped my attitude out. A little later in the day Jeff and I went to Costco
On Saturday evening Jeff had told a few people about a movie at Fox called Baby Mama. So when came time, I called Jeff to tell him I'm on my way over to his place to pick him and whoever else up to see this movie. But when I call, he only then decided to tell me that he was at the store with Josh. I was already running behind schedule so I didn't have time to goof around waiting for him. So I just had him tell me who else was going, and I'd go with them, so he could enjoy the rest of his man-date with Josh. It turns out that the only other person was Cheryl from my neighborhood. So I just took her, and left Jeff and Josh 'un-interrupted'.
It was the typical Sunday, except for my morning was pleased to welcome the sassy addition of French Toast to the line-up. I had gone shopping the day before and had bought plenty of groceries, and so I decided to use some of them. Oh the Frenchyness practically melted in my mouth it was so glorious. In actuality I have purchased enough to keep me Lunched-up for the next 2 1/2 weeks. So my goal is to bring my own lunch for a while.
In the evening a few of us came over to my place for dinner. Again it was terrifically-fun. We also watched Blades of Glory; another hit by Will Ferrell. It was good. Then we watched the "next Food network Star' show with Kelsie on it. Its a little ridiculous but entertaining.
I was plagued all weekend by the heat. I can tell its warming up gradually, and last night in particular was the first night that I woke up sweating, and realized I should have had the fan on.
Lunch was sponsored by Ham and Cheese, Orange Creme soda, and Reese's
I'm listening to Spoon right now.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment