Monday, July 21, 2008

Dave's Wedding Weekend Edition

Aaaaaand I'm back from a long weekend inside of the Happy state of Utah. So my little brother, Dave, got married on Friday morning. It was a lovely trip to the Salt Lake valley. And you'll never guess who I ran into in the airport who was also going to Salt Lake; thats right, that Cheryl girl! I mean, what a coincidence. Apparently she was just going up just to get away from the busy LA lifestyle. When the plane arrived early Thursday morning, it turned out that her sister had left town so she was semi-stranded and looking for a hotel as we were about to part ways, when I asked if she wanted to kick-it at my parents house. There would be lots of people there, and it would be really easy to blend in, n stuff. So the second my brother picked us up, I commanded him to take me straight to Crown Burger, the absolute best burger place anywhere on the planet! And I'm not even kidding about that! We got to introduce Cheryl and Tiffany to the best Burger experience EVER. The weekend of feeding myself had now begun.

As you can imagine my parent's house was packed full of people, and visitors. It was a fun weekend to see a lot of people I haven't seen in many many years. Then again, I realized this and also quickly remembered who I always tried to avoid. The wedding was on Friday morning. It was nice. The photo session that took place afterwards was both annoying and interesting. Annoying cause it was hot, and I kept forgetting to fix my tie before each photo. And it was interesting because of all the other people there. There are definitely some weird looking people in Salt Lake. Just like now planes line up on the tarmac at the airport, brides would line on the sidewalk flanking the temple up with their entourages in line to get to the Temple stairs. Luckily Dave's photographer had his 12 standard poses, so he knew exactly what he wanted everyone to do, so we did them, then we just hung out and made fun of weird people. Tiffany 'shadowed' the hired photographer, just like an apprentice. Until she started offering suggestions to him to make the pictures more exciting. I was proud of her cause the other guy was indeed boring.

And if I didn't tell you already, he and Sherri went to Thailand on the H-moon. But the funny part about that is that he never told her where they were going! Talk about a total surprise! I don't know how I would feel about that, but looking at it, its hilarious. She might have found out as they boarded one of the connecting flights, but it would have been even better if he worked it so she didn't even know that. And then after he left me and my other brother looted his room of computer games, music, clothes, and stuff like that. It was great for us cause it will be a while before he figures it out.

Great TV is starting again. Last night I ran into that Cheryl girl again, and she said she was about to watch the new Project Runway show which just started. So I casually invited myself over to her place to watch it. Its not like I can watch anything like that over at my place. Just think of what would happen if Eric walked in on me watching that sort of thing! I'd never live down the harassment!

I'm listening to Lots and Lots of songs today. I'm making something called a 'play-list'. Have you heard of such a thing before?

Lunch was sponsored by Burger King. I was to lazy/tired to go any further away.

No comments: