I've been super busy today at work. It seems like there are three different people requesting information from me at the same time. And one of those people wanted me to make all of his phone calls to the consultants for him. And he wanted me to do his complaining, which was weird.
Last night my brother stopped by LA just for a visit. A few of us kids decided to show him the 'real' LA, so we picked him up from Downtown and drove him through the K-town ghetto. He had gotten a little to comfortable with his 'gentrified' neighborhood in Sac-town, so we decided to expose him to a little Real Life for a moment. It was fun cause we saw 9 different police officers from Downtown to El Cholo where we ended up eating dinner at. And to make it more interesting a dude was being arrested right in front of the restaurant as we rolled in. Now thats LA for you.
The food was super-good, just like usual. I had been craving that sort of 'high-end' Mexican food for a few weeks now, but never had the chance to make a visit. We had a fun time cause there were 6 of us. On the way back to the hotel we drove through some of the sketchiest areas we could, just to scare my brother into behaving. Otherwise we threatened to throw him out of the car. The whole experience gave me a bit more 'street-cred' too.
After all that I was dropping some people off, and lastly I was dropping Cheryl off, she came too, and she asked if it was the night of the Dancing show, and I almost peed my pants cause I had almost forgotten about the results show tonight! She said she had it Tivo'd and I could come watch it if I wanted. I thought it would be best to watch it at her place cause I had no idea if Eric was watching anything, or if he even tivo'd it himself. Its getting tough to loose people cause they're all so good now. Most of my favorites are still there too, which is good, cause I haven't even had to start voting yet. Then after the show I was on my way out and I casually asked if she was busy tomorrow, so she's like 'Why?' and so I'm like ' just want to know if you might want to go do something.' But then she's like 'Like what'. So then I get all nervous and start fumbling, and start making stuff up cause I thought she was going to be busy washing her hair or something. So then I throw in that its my 'Chinese Food night', and I throw a super cute, yet manly, smile her way and I think it broke her. So after a many second pause, she gave in and said she might be free for something like that, and that she'd check her schedule. So I know that right there I broke so many of the 'rules' of going on dates, but whatever. I didn't care, cause I'm above the 'rules'. So now I just hope that she doesn't think of anything else to do between now and when I call her.
Lunch was sponsored by Burger King
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment