On the way home from work last night I ran into a few problems that I don't exactly know how to resolve. First off, as I was waiting at an intersection corner this older couple approached the corner where they would wait too. The first problem was that they felt it necessary to wait exactly in the middle of the ramp area, so I would have to either run into them, yell until they moved, or just ride my bike off of the curb. Not the most attractive options, I know. But that wasn't the real issue. The real issue was how they looked. Now before you think I'm to vain, let me explain. It wasn't a vanity issue, but an 'appropriate' issue. Without going into to much detail, 'she' was dressed as if she was going to try out for the cheer-leading squad at ucla. It was inappropriate to the point of being disturbing, I mean they could have been my grandparents.
Another issue I have is with the 'bum' infestation around Westwood. Tis the season for bumming around, and we've obviously received a new shipment from downtown. Sure all those 'liberals' want to see more bums around MY part of town, but for some reason they conveniently don't see them around THEIR part of town. All the regular bums have their own shelters, and rest stops, and food joints, and they've all have their own turf, but its when the newcomers come, its a problem, cause thats when they all must sleep behind buildings, in front of doors, and the lack of public restrooms is the biggest problem, cause the ramp behind my building where I park my bike is NOT a bathroom! I don't like walking by and smelling 'bum'. I don't like smelling 'Paris', and I utterly despise that horrible ammonia smell they emit after not bathing for 3 or more months. Don't you just want to take a fire hose to them? I do. It makes me feel better when I think about doing that, cause I know I'll be doing them a favor, by helping them clean themselves up (with high-pressure water)
Also on the way home I detoured over by one of the many 7-11's that I pass, just to investigate. This one that I stopped by was particularly interesting cause there were about 12 dozen dirty disgusting pigeons lurking about. It
Our work stuff is slowing down... a lot. I'm pretty sure that two of the three other guys haven't done anything all day, partly because they haven't been at their desks, they've also been talking about how much they aren't doing, what they're searching for on the internet, and cause Danny hasn't been in most of today. They're afraid of him, so they don't talk much when he's around. New guy kind of works, other than the 50+ phone calls he gets a day (i'm not even joking) and the 30+ smoke breaks he 'needs'. I can feel good about keeping busy though. At least my morals aren't scathed.
My lunch time picnic was brought to you by Subway, weird tasting water, and Mint flavored Oreo's.
I'm listening to Weezer right now.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment