Monday, July 7, 2008

Daily Update- 4th of July Weekend Edition

So first off, the big news of the weekend is that Ryan Plewe is now 'officially' engaged. He found time out of his busy school schedule to order the ring finally. Everything has already been planned, its just that they were waiting for the physical ring before they actually 'verbally' told people. We kind of knew about a month ago when Jeff noticed an interesting envelope in the mail with a return address from the 'Secret Wedding reservation Desk' at the Oakland temple. The Home shopping network really came through for him. I guess I can 'officially' Congradulate you Ryan and Laurel. Oh ya, and it wasn't awkward at all when Jeff interupted Elders Quorum on sunday to point out that Ryan was now engaged, which means the Curse of the EQ Pres. in now broken (he's the only one of the last 4 EQP's to be married.)

So, back to MY scheduling. Last Thursday really felt like Friday. It was bizzare that way. So at the end of the day I was ready for the weekend. On my way home I had to stop at the store really quick to 'not' look for junk food, that would(n't) help me get through the weekend; and in the process I ran into That Cheryl Girl from the neighborhoods, she was also there 'not' to buy junk food, so when I ran into her I had to quickly explain that I wasn't there at the store to buy this 'junk' food. But she was interested in food, after all my explanation, so then on the way out we came up with the brilliant idea to maybe find something to eat so we didn't have to go to another store. I went with her for her moral support, and she attended to my moral support. We though it was better that way. And it was pure coincidence.

And funnier yet, I spent the entire 4th of July day in my room. I had decided that it was to be the day that i take my Traffic School. It was supposed to be 8 hours, but the internet is funny about cutting things short. I'm not going to exactly say that I cheated (cause I didn't), incase any Traffic School investigators are out there, but will say that I do love the Copy and paste command on ANY computer. It would have gone LOTS faster if the web pages didn't have manditory reading time, meaning that I HAD to spend at least 20-40 minutes (or whatever the time was) on each webpage. It was all pretty common sense stuff, some definitions, and I must admit that i had no idea about any of the alcohol related questions. But like I said, I 'copy-pasted' my way into a detailed 'cheat sheet'. So during these mandatory timers I had plenty of time to clean my room, play video games, call people, email people, go to the store, go get food, go get slurpee's, and so on.

In the evening we made our way over to Fairburn. The girls there allowed a few people over. I brought some hamburgers and Hot Dogs n such. At the appropriate time, we went up to their roof to watch not only the firework display in the near by Rancho Park, but we also were able to see about 7 other Firework shows from Santa Monica, to Beverly Hills, to Culver city, and I think even as far down as Long Beach. I think the Marina del Rey one was the most brilliant though. And after that we thought it was best to play a game of 'Phase 10'. For a while it was a nice friendly game, but after a bit it became pretty rowdy, and ended up lasting late into the night. Rick decided to turn up the heat with 'cat-calls' and other methods of intimidation. I was doing very good, just like usual, but I got stuck on the last Phase for a really long time. Eventually everyone caught up with me, and in the end, that Cheryl Stevens chick won. I wasn't bitter about it, I understand it was the luck of the draw, but indeed frustrating for waiting for one single card time and time again, and because we battled it out so late, I was completely drained.

Saturday was a blur, and I don't remember much of it (is that bad?). It was a usual Saturday of course, with mounds of glorious Pancakes in the morning, but only after Sleeping in or course, computer games, room cleaning, and I finished my Traffic School stuff in the morning. Oh ya, and I started designing my next Man-project, for as soon as I finish my Man-Box.

I must say that church today did indeed go by pretty fast. I tried my hardest to keep food off my mind, and as a reward for making it through the whole day, at 'Break The Fast' they had some really good Brazillian food. (which consisted of a lovely rice mixture, scattered vegetable cunks with a tomato mushroom and chicken sauce to go over it, warm and crisp doughy bread balls, a potato salad mixture which was pretty good, and some Brizillian drink (which Jeff was quick to point out it was 'Caffinated'. So I then had to explain that just because he dosen't want to drink caffiene, dosen't mean that everyone shouldn't drink it). And for desert, Ooooh la la! It was some of the best desert pickings in a while! All the deserts ranked behind the Cheery-Cream Cheese Cookie Treat that 'That Cheryl Girl' made. It was the highlight of my day to partake in such goodness, (and is the soul reason why I'm adding this paragraph). I mean, that thing was Good. I want to be friends with it. I snuck into the kitchen, and the Food Leader Julia had already tested it and stamped it worthy to put out, so I finished her 'tester' piece, then when it got put out I was already needing more. I did however make the mistake of only grabbing one piece, so after I finished mine, I tried stealing everyone elses at my table, and after that didn't work, I went back to the table just to find one half piece left, so I quickly cut in line and snatched that piece up. And Wow, again it was good. And they fixed the AC in one of the rooms, so I hung out there as much as I could.

On Sunday night we hung out at my place, and I must say I rather enjoyed it. We had just about the whole crew here chillin. Jeff and I made smoothies, and Jeff also brought mint fudge brownies. (I made the smoothies that didn't splash all over the kitchen, just so you know.) But both versions tasted just as good. Then after a while of rambunctious discussions, we wrapped up the evening by watching the next Food network star. It was a lovely evening.

Today at work is average. Lunch was sponsored by socko's, but it will probably be the last time. They gave my order to the person behind me, and when I asked about it they wanted to see my receipt. I started flashing it around complaining that I had just barley paid. I then started asking why the lady in front of me got served before me (she ordered the same thing as me) and they all of a sudden didn't speak english anymore. After I got my sandwich I asked if they could cut it in half, and the tall doped up retard who only spoke 'Surfer Dude' said that they can't do anything to the food after its left their prep area. Thats funny, cause I was in the process of asking them to cut it as the non-english retards pushed it into my hand. Oh I'm sorry! Did you think that you needed customers? Needless to say that I'll never be back to that crap-hole.

I'm listening to Guns N Roses right now.

No comments: