Monday, July 28, 2008

Daily UPdate - Comi-Con Edition

It seems that I'm getting a little lax on my Updates, so sorry bout that. (It might have to happen occasionally in the next few months.) It was a very exciting weekend to say the least. First off, on Friday night, I tried for a moment to play Guitar Hero on the Ultimate Computing Machine, but apparently it didn't like it. It didn't like it to the point that it crashed my computer and wouldn't reboot. Ya, thats a very bad thing. And it really pissed me off. Later tonight I might write another scathing email to the company telling them how dumb they are. Don't they know that the Ultimate Gaming system isn't supposed to crash and break within the first month of use-al?! Suppressing my anger took a lot out of me this last weekend.

On Friday I also took the time to inform most everyone in my office of my big news. They were all happy for me. Except for one person, and he didn't matter cause I already knew he dosen't approve of marriage.

Saturday was the annual ComiCon International in San Diego. In case you aren't a nerd, geek, or weirdo, let me tell you what that is. Its a super huge comic book convention. And when I mean Huge, I mean HUGE. There were more people there than at Disneyland. One quarter of the people there were dressed in costume, like their favorite super hero, video game character, or they just made stuff up. Lots of weirdo's. On Friday night I ran into that Cheryl girl and she said she might go hang out at the beach in San Diego, so I totally hitched a ride down there with her. And when she got there the beaches were closed, so she just came to the Comic Book Convention instead. I'm pretty sure she had a good time cause she was ultra-excited to stand in line for more than an hour to watch a panel of actors from her favorite TV show, Battlestar Galactica. It was kind of interesting, and maybe a thousand people were in this auditorium, all more excited than a 8 year old on Christmas day. Needless to say, it was pretty intense. I had fun looking through the Artists alley. Lots of Comic book artists and such were selling their art, sketches, and souls. I really wanted to buy something from one of them, but I withheld. I'm still debating weather or not that was the right choice. We were there from 10:40am-5:00pm, so you can say we got our fill of Nerd for long while. I've also started planning out my costume for next year. It'll be great. On the way home from the convention Cheryl made me stop at this one place called Rudy's. Its a diner type place. It was there that I had a Chocolate Malt for the first time! I thought a shake was good enough, but the little dork sold me on the idea when he said he'd gaurentee its goodness to me. So I partook of its goodness, and it filled my sould with joy.

Today's picnic took place at Ralph's and was sponsored by Last nights Spaghetti. Mmm Mmm good.

I'm listening to the construction workers across the street dig into the wrong sidewalk.

No comments: