I didn't realized how long of a break I had took until last night when I was re-reading what had happened this last long weekend. Its so fun to re-live the past as I read my own updates. I send them to myself you know. Its kind of the same as I delete old text messages off my phone. I get to relive each and one of those lovely conversations all over again. Only once I didn't know the story behind one text, and thats cause it was only 2-3 words, so now I text in complete sentences.
So continuing on with my last weekend adventure, I thought it necessary to inform you of my room cleaning situation. So I know that some (one) of you thinks I spend to much time cleaning, but I assure you, that is not the case. While in Salt Lake I was pressured into cleaning up much of my stuff there too. Buried deep in my parents garage is a collection of boxes that I've stashed for safekeeping. The only problem is that ever since my dad found out about this storage stash, all my boyhood treasures have been in danger of the trash-monger there. Its a real talent how my dad can so easily overlook the mounds of crap that he has there, but for some reason if any object has my fingerprint on it, I'll quickly be emailed or called to ask if its ok to throw this object away. If its not mine, then no worries, but if it is mine, or ever had been, I'll be put through a severe questioning system that he's devised from watching all those FBI and cop shows. So after, I don't know how many months of questioning, I was finally in Salt Lake. I actually went for my brothers wedding, but I think my dad thought I was there with the sole purpose to clean up my stuff from his garage. So on Saturday Morning, right after my spectacular Pancake Cook-off, I slowly marched down to the pits of the garage and my brother and I had a 'throw-away' party on all of our stuff. Well, some of our stuff anyway. There's no way that I'd be able to live with myself knowing that I'd trashed so much of my own personal history. All the toys, the pictures, and all the super-cool craft-creations of mine. We cleaned up our stuff, but I still have a lot of treasures there. Sorry dad, I forgot to bring a moving van. I did give a lot of stuff to my older brother for his 'Man-Camp's', like paint ball guns, Chinese-Stars, scary looking knives, and stuff like that.
Everyone else in my office is on another one of their many 2 hour lunch breaks, so I was left to answer phones for a while. I do have a new respect for receptionists, cause when its busy, they're super busy. I now have to take back every receptionist jokes that I've ever said.
I'm listening to Jimmy Hendrix right now.
Lunch was sponsored by Chipotle, literally; they sent us a free burrito coupon in the mail. I like Chipotle. They've fed me for free more than any other place here in the village. I though about buying one of their T-shirts as a 'thank you', but I think I'll just wait till they're handing them out for free instead.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment