Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Daily Update - Earthquake Edition

So this morning around 11:42am, my work building started shaking like the Incredible Hulk was mad at someone inside, or starting to pick the building up. (I saw that movie last Friday so it was on my mind.) Patrick started cheering and stood up on his desk like it was a surf board. JJ thought they were a myth until now, so he froze and then immediately tried calling everyone in his phone book, and was even more freaked out when the lines were busy. I didn't help when I told him he was crazy, and it was just his phone, then I called my brother, then dad. Good ol t-mobile. JJ talks on the phone WAY to much anyway. At least a quarter of his day is spent on the phone and thats not even an exaggeration. Honestly, not one bit exaggerated. Right when it happened it was listed at 5.8. It was like that for a few hours but toward the end of the day it mysteriously became a 5.4 quake. What the crap? Can't they make up their minds? The news was dumb about it cause all the reports that I've seen so far were interviews of what people at Disneyland thought of the earthquake. Who cares what they think. They're on vacation. How about hearing from working, productive members of society, like Me.

So last night we had another one of our wonderful Alternate FHE's. This time Josh actually called me, AND he was actually OK with what we suggested! Something is going on in his head... interesting. No arguing, or anything. We ended up going to The Fresh Corn Grill. It was just a lovely walk up to it over on Westwood. When we got there it was fairly crowded too. We ended up waiting, but it was that horrible. First off Jeff and I saved some tables while the others ordered, then Jeff and I got it line. I know you're thinking 'why would I care about who the hell is in line and when', but please read on! So Jeff is standing in front of me analyzing each and every thing on the menu, like only he best knows how, when all of a sudden he turns to this chick standing 'in front' of us in line ( I say 'in front' cause it was more like 'next to' cause we/(jeff) decided to crowd the people in front of us(her).) and starts asking her if she'd been there before and what she likes, and what she does for a living...etc, ok not that last part, but WOW, I all of a sudden felt like the thirdest wheel ever! She was cute, just came from Yoga obviously, and I think she looked like Shannon Elizabeth the actress. Jeff was totally working IT! I couldn't believe myself. If there wasn't such a long wait, and I not so hungry, I would have totally taken off to give them 'alone' time. Jeff was oogely eyed when she greeted another friend of hers, thus learning her name. But then she ordered, and then was gone forever. One funny thing about that even, he ordered, then changed his order, then paid, then called josh, then changed his order again, then ordered for Josh, then changed his order again, then added stuff to his order. And he for some reason was surprised when they got something wrong. It was good food though. I think we all really enjoyed it. And they were hefty amounts too. (hence my lunch sponsorship today.)

After that filling meal, A very select few hung out with Trisha. She's very particular about when and where she hangs out with people and she told Cheryl and I that we were invited to a hang-out/visit at Cheryl's place from 8:43-9:27 precisely. So we complied and had a lovely time.

My picnic today was indeed sponsored by Fresh Corn Grill, Rootbeer, and Brownies. It was super-fabulous.

I'm listening to the guys complain about road construction right now.

No comments: