Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Daily Update - Labor Day Edition

Wow, what a weekend. I got lots done. I was out for a walk early Saturday morning when I ran into that Cheryl girl. It turns out that she was moving that day, and she asked my help. I was surprised to hear she was moving, and She was only moving 2 blocks away, so it wasn't that bad. After a little bit of physical exertion I got super tired so I called Jeff and Josh for help, and got Jeff to bring Donuts too. It wouldn't have been a Saturday morning with out them. At first it wasn't a problem, just laboring as normal. But after the first 90 minutes I started question where all the stuff was coming from. 20 minutes later I really started wondering where all the stuff was coming from. Ideas of Marry Poppin's hand bag came to mind, as well as that of key characters in Harry Potter. The magical endless bags or tents, having almost no end is what worried me now. I feared that we could be moving late into the night. But alas... It did end, and I survived.

To celebrate our completion of this weekend task, we got some Pizza. It was a healthy treat. And after moving all of Cheryl's belongings, I felt like I wanted to move something as well, you know, just to be part of the 'experience'. So I talked Josh and Jeff into helping me move my bed, a dresser, and a bookshelf. I didn't need them all anymore I guess, so I donated them to Cheryl's new apartment. She might need them after all. And it would give me the good chance to dive into cleaning my room again. After all, its severely needed.

That night a group of us went to see the film Sleeping Beauty. I had never seen it before, so I thought it might be interesting. It was... to an extent. I never understood though why all those kids liked it. Or was it the parents who did? It was 'cute' and it was nice to see that old style of animation again, but as I watched it, all I saw were three 'fairy witches' who used magic to cover up their lies , to further deceive, and to just get by doing their daily tasks. Very unfortunate, as the majority of the audience were young children under the age of 10 I'd say.

Saturday was also the return of College football. I'm not addicted to it at all, but I do have fancy season tickets. Its just entertaining to watch. I was busy most of the day being tired, but I did take at least 1 hour to sit and study it.

On Sunday night as I was just strolling through the neighborhoods, I happened upon Cheryl's New Place so I thought I'd stop in and just make sure things were going well. You know, its the gentlemanly thing to do, right? As I was walking up to the door, I saw the most terrible thing ever, a Cockroach the size of a mouse! The disgusting thing was definitely to big to squeeze into the building, which I guess is a plus. But out of fright, I acted as quickly as I could, and started stamping at it with my angry foot. After a few strategic attempts, I finally made contact with the insect of ill-repute. It was like in slow motion when I made contact; like slowly stepping onto a raw egg on the pavement. It took me 5 minutes to get to a point where I thought I had wiped my foot clean of this demon spore residue. Then I knocked, and went in. But don't tell Cheryl this. She wouldn't like knowing that there are bugs that live nearby which might be able to chew through chain-link. Next time I go over there I'll have to set up a few mouse traps to catch them so I can show you all.

Today at work its funny cause Collins has turned into the most depressing political analyst. Surprised at many of his mean political comments, I commented that I didn't know he was such a 'Die Hard' Democrat. He apparently was offended at the term 'Die Hard' (cause apparently a republican used it once.) So he kept asking (like any cocky high school punk would) What I meant by that. And I just pointed out that he doesn't like someone Just because they aren't what he sees them to be. He was all acting tough, so I had to stand up and remind him that I was bigger, (and could throw him across the room if needed), and that I was done putting up with his conservative bad-mouthiness. I just said exactly what I said the first time, but saying it with 'softer' terms, and slower non-threatening like. I learned that trick from Jeff and Danny. Its a lawyer trade secret I think. But I was still secretly talking down to him when I said it. Then I just walked off.

On Sunday we had a lovely little gathering at Jeff's place. He made Banana Cake with Cream Cheese frosting. It was great.

Lunch was sponsored by In N Out today, which was surprisingly empty.

I'm listening to the second Eragon book today. Its exciting, and nerdy at the same time.

No comments: