So the other day I was on my way out of my apartment when I was hit in the nose with the stinkiest day ever. I left my apartment (not stinky) and entered my building elevator. I had to roll my eyes as I realized that the last person in there was a heavy smoker AND needed a bath. My elevator also happens to be the slowest elevator on the planet, so that horrible stench kept trying to crawl up my nose. As I left my building lobby and walked over to my bike I was hit with a dose of sewage gas. Someone must have had a lot of problems in my building that day, cause there was obviously a problem, and it was definitely sewage of some sort.
Then, as I rode away as fast as I could away from those smells, my usual path out the back of the building has a trashy trap set for me. The exit is next to the trash room. Normally its not a problem, but it had smelled like every apartment had thrown all their old food away the day before. It was a sharp stabbing smell, unlike the dull choking smells of only moments before. Again I was urged to ride away quickly to escape the poisonous air.
As I rode up the alley I was quickly met by a stinky wall of manure smell. The Temple has recently torn up much of the grass on their lawn, just to 'fertilize' it a few days ago. Due to the large size of the 'fertilized' area, and the fact that I was down wind from it, I was struck by this evil wall of stench that was trying to force me back down the other way of the alley. I saw this and just pressed on.
As I crossed the street and rode on, I passed a ups warehouse. I should have known better than to ride so close, but the bum-pee smell was just overwhelming. It didn't last as long, but pungent just the same.
The next day this misery continued while riding to work. There is always a few areas where bums hang out and stink it up. Its too bad, cause otherwise it would be a nice area. But it was unavoidable as I led my bike up Westwood blvd, the usual disgusting filthy bum sat on his usual puke stained metal park bench. He looks like 20 miles of bad road, and worse yet is his angry-aura of sharp ammonia stench. Just as you get close you can tell that something on, or near, him is decaying. The harsh ammonia denotes only the most unclean and unbathed people. I hate smelling that stench.
I've been listening to the story of Eragon the dragon-riding, trouble causing, reluctant kid of a magical story.
Lunch was sponsored by a BBQ Bacon Burger from Jose Bernstein's taco stand. It was acceptable.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment