Friday, August 8, 2008

Daily Update - Olympic Edition

So I've found it easier to go every other day, in case you haven't noticed. Work's been busy, and my night life is out of control, if you know what I mean. But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to write an entry on this ever so special day of 8-8-8, (or the beginning of the 2008 Olympics too.Whichever you prefer.)

I treated myself to a ultra quick bike tune-up the other day right after work. My brakes were in need of fixing, so I tightened them, so I can actually stop quickly now, rather than holding on for dear life, and hoping I can stop. I like brakes. Brakes are Good.

I went running last night. It was a bitter-sweet journey. I decided to take it easy for a lap, scout out the area, make sure all harm had subsided before I actually went for a real lap. I might have even counted the warm up lap, as my real lap, IF i hadn't of run into that Kristen girl. She was out running too. And because she was running two laps, for some reason she thought that I needed to run two laps. (what was she thinking?!) I tried to stop a few times, but just like the ancient Egyptian Task-masters, she would whip me into submission until I would run further. It grew painful to be honest, and I can't walk straight to this day because of it. I tried putting headphones on, and turning up the volume, but thats then the whip stripes hurt more and more.

Yesterday when I got to work, there were tons of city vehicles out front, and a bunch of workers working on the intersection by my work, in front of burger king. Apparently the Mayor decided he needed more media attention, and decided to advertise the fact that the city decided to install a diagonal cross walk. Its going to take people a while to get used to waiting for their turn at a light, but it will be better in the long run. I think its funny cause when I was going to school at USC, they installed one of those 3-way cross walks at one of the campus entrances, the one I used every day, and they installed it over night, and didn't tell anyone about it. I was one of the first dare-devils to figure out that you can cross diagonally across the intersection, then multitudes of people followed after me of course. But they didn't have any Hoop-la about it. They just put it in cause it was the best thing to do. Its funny cause Ucla needed to pat themselves on the back by having the media there, and getting city officials to show up and be interviewed about it.

After I was home, i needed sympathy, so I started calling everyone I knew to tell them what happened. Most were sympathetic, except for Cheryl. When I told her, she started laughing at me, and wouldn't explain why! How rude. Later I ran into her by the 7-11 and I had enough sugar in me to forgive her. She was on her way home to watch the Dancing Finale, so I had to tag along. It was exciting. (I've seen a few 'For Rent' signs in front of her building lately, I wonder if they're going to move...)

Lunch was going to be a picnic, but instead I had to find a sponsor, cause my picnic sandwich had spoiled after two days in the fridge. I don't like quizno's anymore. They're lame.

I'm listening to Warren Zevon right now.

No comments: