The weekend started off with a wonderfully hectic day at work. Fridays are usually slow and quiet, but this day was different. A few people were out of town this day so that gave me an extra supply of stuff to do. At first it wasn't a problem, but then it all got heaped up. It wasn't bad work, i kind of enjoyed it too. Its just that there was so much of it. Part of my big assignment was to correct what was done the day before by someone else.
Also on Friday I received a package with about 5,000 envelopes in it. This was the long awaited weekend of sending out invitations to 'The Party of the Century'. (its a little surprise party I've been working on.) With this arrival it completed the Invitation Package of items needed to complete the mailer. So I was in for a busy evening. But before the busyness began, you'll never what happened to me. I ran into Cheryl! Seeing that my task was daunting, I asked her to assist me. Then she quickly pointed out that my invitations were just a 'little to big' for the envelopes. That's right, 5/8ths of an inch to tall. Wow, that was so awesome as that sunk into my thick skull. I almost wanted to cancel my party (but not really), well, the invitation part anyway. After my temper tantrum, I decided to investigate a suggestion that I heard of from Danny at work, days earlier. We went to Kinko's to see if they had a super-duper paper-cutter. And sure enough, they did. I was both glad and pissed at the same time. Happy that they had a fancy machine like that, that could help greatly; but pissed at myself for taking the time to hand cut each and every one of the invites up to that point, and thus causing part of this problem. We dropped the stuff off, but sure enough, weird depressing thought in my head wouldn't leave [if you leave it will be messed up] but whatever, I tried not to think about the negative side of it. I went to eat, then came back to Kinko's. And to no surprise, the first thing that the crazy looking lady said, um, its no OK. There was an accident, and the paper slipped. So a number of Invitations were severely chopped on one side. Those poor invitations. They will be the runts of the litter, and to no fault of their own. The crazy Meth-lady went Chop-city on them.
A few days ago I carved a fancy design into two rubber erasers that I glued together. It was pretty cool, but also this weekend, I discovered that the silver ink that I was trying to use didn't dry. I stamped an envelope last Wednesday, and on Sunday evening it still was smudging. That, ladies and gentlemen is NO GOOD. So we had to bag the fancy Stamp-seal idea. To bad too, cause it was awesome!
Oh, and then the last HUGE mentionable mistake of the weekend was late Sunday night. I was finishing up a few addresses and I noticed Cheryl looking at one of the invitations in a peculiar manner. The second she put it down, I somehow knew exactly what was potentially wrong, immediatly developing a sickening feeling in my stomach. I slowly picked up the card and looked and realized that I mis-typed an address on it!!! Now, I knew it was wrong because I knew that I had changed it at least 1 or 2 times! I fixed it, I swear! I knew it was wrong, but had no idea how it wasn't right. I fixed it and had other proof read it before I sent the final draft to the printer, but somehow it got changed back. Right now I'm blaming the guy at the print shop, and I'll probably murder him later. Or pray that he has nightmares for the next 13 years of his life. There's honestly no way that I made that mistake. Simply baffling, an annoying.
But on other great news, I was able to mock dumblist, and sell my usc football tickets for a profit! and went home to watch the splendor at home.
All that AND I somehow fit Movie watching in there too.
There are two great news stories for the day that you should know about. One of course is USC spanking ohio state. And the other one is that there was a riot at a soccer game in Congo because someone said that one of the players was using WITCHCRAFT. That's right. That incited a riot. Everyone tried to pile out of the stadium. Then the police (military), which was working guard duty started shooting into the air TO CALM everyone down. Yup. Good job. Their brains are still developing from neanderthal of course. Nothing makes me want to calm down more than hearing gunfire right in front of me. Right?
I'm listening to Peter Gabriel, a song called 'Shock The Monkey' right now. I just had to tell you cause I never thought I'd hear a song like that.
Lunch was sponsored by Fatburger today. It was good, but not worth the dough, if you know what I mean.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment