Friday, September 19, 2008

Daily UPdate -Talk Like a Pirate Day

In case you didn't know, today is the [Inter]national Talk Like A Pirate Day. This was brought to my attention by Pirate enthusiasts like Autumn and Bethany. My personal stance "is to not condone pirate-like behavior or support it in any way" (except for hot-gluing sparkly red trim and tassels to Josh's Pirate jacket 2 Halloweens ago. To show my opposition to this 'celebration' I've opted to wear green. (Peter Pan Reference) And I would like to say (remind the girls from last night) that the only hat that I own is My Peter Pan hat, that I made myself.

Last night was interesting. Cheryl had a 'girl-party' and flat out told me that she didn't want to run into me; so I made sure to say away and had a 'guys night out' with the fellas. We went to Tommy Burger for starters. I was determined to clog an artery. If you let the food there sit to long you will eventually be able to see through whatever it is sitting on, no matter what it is. Paper becomes see-thru in a matter of minutes, as where cardboard takes maybe 20 min. I think that it would take a few days for a piece of wood, but I'm sure it would eventually be able to see thru it with the magical grease they use. It was so smooth going down. Mmmm, it was good. It had been about a year I think since I've tried to clog arteries. We hung out there for a while and then tried to think of something else to do.

After re-mounting my rusty-red chariot, we eventually drove down to Randy's Donuts, by the airport. It wasn't that bad, but there are a few complaints/comments I have about the trip. Jeff was navagating. Jeff dosen't take freeways. Jeff has all the time in the world. Nextly, I don't know why we were going for Donuts when we all had just scarfed about 3 times our Calorie count for the day, in that one sitting! But they (jeff) needed his 'dessert'. I thought I've learned not to take directions from the Jeffmister, but oh boy. I think he wanted to direct us on a tour of Long beach before we went for Donuts. I started verifing all the directional information with Back-Seat Josh to try to speed things up. So we finally get to Randy's Donuts and Jeff starts asking what people want. I had to remind him that i was already full, and still had no intention of abusing myself. He goes on to order from the passenger seat of my car. It was funny cause the lady at the window would ask what he wanted and then he would proceed to ask us what we wanted all over again. He asked me and then josh seperatly and Josh told him he wanted a jelly filled. Jeff turns to the lady, and tells her Jelly filled. The lady asked Raspberry or lemon. Jeff turns to Josh and asks the same question. Josh responds, and then Jeff relays this info via the chain of command. This continues on through the next 6 donuts as well. I had to laugh at how rediculous it was. It only would have been better if I inserted myself into this process, communicating between the lady and Jeff. But what did make it better was that Josh found a piece of climbing rope in the back seat and started to dangle it in front of Jeff's face as if he was a cat than needed attention. This activity did indeed continue during the order process, so Jeff would then have to stop periodically and mention to the lady that he was having 'difficulties'. We took the freeway back at it took maybe a quarter of the time that it did to get down there. A sigh of relief.

After I dropped the guys off, I went home, but was distracted on my way by two text messages and three phone calls from the ladies at the 'Girl Party'. I thought about it for a few minutes before I gave in. As I dropped Jeff and Josh off, I was under the impression that they were going to 'crash' their party. So I felt safe if they were there. So I show up and No other guys are to be found, so I nervously entered Greenfield, ground zero if you will, and I ask where the other guys were. They hadn't seen them, so they must have chickened out. Being the only 2 guys at a party with 11 hot chicks must have frightened them. It was a little awkward, but the treats were good so I stayed. Then 30 minutes later the other two showed up.

I'm listening to Niel Young right now. But I've been listening to Bruce Springsteen all day until like 5 minutes ago.

Lunch was sponsored by In N Out, and Hosted by Kami and Josh. (and no, they are not together).

Yes, I've been absent for a few days. I'll have to catch up later on this last week.

No comments: