Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Update

I don't know what I ate, but whatever it was, it was the wrong thing! As of right now I'm blaming the bread in a sandwich I had last night. I wasn't used to that kind of sandwich or bread, and only after I ate it is when I noticed my scratchy throat. I now hate sandwiches and will never eat one again... maybe.

Yesterday for Break The Fast was sponsored by taco salad. It was pretty good. But better yet were the deserts again. I was in line before they came out. I snuck a peek at the deserts and I had to have some. As I was there waiting patiently I noticed people starting to come out with trays of treats. Then in the blink of an eye there were swarms of girls rushing to these brownie trays. They must have smelled the chocolate. It was crazy how fast they were picking and grabbing at the trays. Mike and I had to say something to the sharks just so they didn't attack the girl serving the treats too. Then when all the treats were out I sampled a few of everything in the politest way possible. After my plate was full I turned around and tried to back away, but then heards of people behind me were continually pushing toward the tables. Some of the people were in zombie like states, cause I saw a few notice my treats and then slowly reach for them. They quickly found out that was the wrong thing to do as I bit their fingers. I had to push my way through the hoard. I came out with about 4 cupcakes and a cookie. As I was sampling my wears that Cheryl girl walked by and then asked if I liked her cupcakes. Confused, I asked why she would think that, she laughed as she pointed to my plate, pointing out that I had 3 of her homemade cupcakes on my plate. I smiled and said, 'then Yes' just as I started shoving a whole cupcake into my mouth. It was glorious.

On Saturday I was hesitant, but I ended up going to the store that I dread the most.. thats right, Ikea. I don't know why, just curious I guess. But you'll never guess who I ran into there, thats right, that Cheryl Girl. She was shopping for furniture for her new place. I followed her around for a little bit cause she knew where everything was and I was just lost most of the time. When we got to the check out she noticed that she had forgotten her wallet, so I took the sad puppy dog eyes as a hint, and Jim came to the rescue cause I don't go anywhere without my wallet. Later we were just standing outside when she noticed that her ride had taken off without her, so she pleaded a ride off me too. Good thing I was there to help with my rusty red VW chariot!

On Friday I left work after listening to the end of Eragon. It was really intense and I just HAD to know what would happen, so as soon as I got home I continued to listen to it. I did so for much of the weekend. All I have to say is that the kid author has some heavy explaining to do to sort out the ending of the second book. And good thing for me that the third book comes out in two weeks.

I was listening to Reggae for most of the day and I got really sick of it. It annoys my ears now.

Lunch was sponsored by the Corner Bakery.

No comments: