Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Daily Update - The Homeless Edition

So here I am, a man without a home... Because I don't know exactly where and when I'll find/move into a new place(...ish), I've started relying on friends to help me out. Furniture at Mike's, clothing at Cheryl's, Car on Greenfield, bike at Eastborne, and I'm sleeping at Veteran, and probably more that I'm just forgetting for the moment. So I guess technically I'm a resident of 1609 Veteran for the time being. It was either that, or the gutter. I did scope out comfortable gutters in the area, and I've found the ones just north of Santa Monica over by McDonald's to be most comfortable.

Last night everyone in my office left early, so I had to too. But I was stuck up there needing a ride home. I received a delivery of boxes yesterday that were to big to carry on a bike. I frantically started calling people in my phone book, only to quickly notice that my battery was about to die! Why does that always happen? honestly! Luckily she agreed to come pick me up as soon as she could. Well, her soon wasn't as quick as my Soon would have hoped, but I did get the chance to watch the spectacular sunset. It was like reading an essay on color, and then watching fireworks. simply splendid.

And still after many blood, sweat, tears, and many soar muscles, I made in out of Eastborne alive. The new guy has already moved in too. Apparently he only has about 1/10th of what I have. (Not that I'm comparing earthly treasures at all.)

So I crashed at Jeff's place after I picked him up from the airport. He decided to make a random visit to Utah, because he loves it there so much... or something. And Ryan generously left me a bed to sleep in, cause he just got married last weekend up on Oakland. Thanks Ryan. Now they are now the Plewgner's to me. (Or the Bogew's.) (Plewe+Bogner=Plewgner)

Today's Lunch sponsor was a tough choice, but I ended up going with Taco Bell, sitting next to a bunch of annoying Yenta's.

I'm listening to Tina Fey impersonate Sara Palin right now.

No comments: