I know its a little late, but I still wanted to give a shout out to our Presidents. Its just another one of those annoying holidays that the government gave itself, just so they could have another day off. I mean really. Whats wrong with hard work? Why not have a holiday worth taking off? When I worked at Dan's foods for those eleven long years, I got Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Independence day off. And those were worth having off. Honestly, Pres-day is kind of like Valentines/Labor/Memorial/MLK/Columbus Days. There's no real point other than patting someone on the back. I mean in theory its nice to remember people for what they did, but pushing their importance into a holiday and really trying to make a reason to celebrate is just awkward to me. And I'm still on the fence about Easter, Halloween, and New Years Day. I think I only like them because of the food associated with them. (And I like food.) But here it is, I tip my hat to all you presidents. (Some don't get as much of a tip than others do, but still, a slight one.)
So, back to me. This last week my work has still been slow, but I've been rather busy. That was until today. We finally got the building permit for the stuff I'd been working on since New Years. Thats a good thing cause most of the walls had already been built (shhh, don't tell). Everyone was rushing to finish it all. Now I just need to work on scraps of assignments until I get the next 'big' assignment.
Last week was extremely cold. I tried to go running, but it quickly turned into a flight for survival. Just like Luke was trying to escape the Abominal Snow Creature on Hoth, then Han Solo came for him on the Tonton and saved his life. But I didn't have a Han Solo, or a Tonton. I had to use my own two feet to escape the evil Yetti.
P.S. Oh Holidays... I've always thought that the 24th of July was a ridiculous 'holiday', and only has as much merit as the Chinese New Year 'holiday' here in America.
OK, now I'm done.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment