So last night was the Oscars. Did you watch them? well, I can't blame you. They've been going down hill since the 1920's, when they started. I wouldn't have watched them, but Cheryl invited a bunch of people over to help her watch them. It was the TV-a-holic in her that did that. And I would have much rather played Guitar Hero, but ah, why not. There were two funny moments, and plenty of super-boring moments. One great thing about watching them though was all the snack food that we had there! Cheryl was trying her hand at new and contemporary deserts (Cake-balls covered in both white and milk chocolates, she made candied Pecans again drizzled in chocolate, Kami brought little chunks of chocolate cookie, doused in Confectionery sugar. Jeff brought his famous home made chocolate chip cookies, and Silvia brought Confetti-Cupcakes! Mmmm, and yes, I ate way to much sugar that night, so by late evening, I was a bit tipsy. Who ever would have thought that the Oscars would have brought so much chocolate.
One very important thing that happened over this last weekend was our first visit to Lucille's BBQ restaurant. It was kind of a last minute thing so not a whole lot of people could make the comparison visit there with us, but most importantly it was Jeff, Me, Cheryl, Josh and Kristen. Honestly I was quite biased, but I was indeed willing to give them a fair barbecue judgment. It was quite busy. It was quite nicely designed. It seemed more of a 'chain' restaurant decor. We waited for a good 45 minutes before sitting down too. So you could see that this place was popular. The food was OK, but not Great. Sorry everybody who tried to hype it, it didn't stand up to my Chris N Pitts! My ribs were a bit dry, not pre-sliced, and the barbeque sauce was a little like molasses. I'll give a more full account on the other blog in a few days to fully explain the experience.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yummy treats and wonderful company, how could I have missed the Oscars party.
Post a Comment