Monday, February 9, 2009

Daily Update

Cheryl and I hung out this weekend.

I was on my way home from work on Friday when I called from the drive and told her that I was super hungry, and didn't know if I was going to make it, and if she was hungry too that she should meet me on the curb so I didn't have to stop, and we could just go somewhere. Then two minutes later Jeff calls and invites us to go with a group of kids to some Indian place, not to far away. So of course I wanted to, so I pick Cheryl up and we go straight over. Jessica was already there so we just hung out for a bit and made fun of all the people who weren't there yet. It was great fun. The others got there a bit late, but then we quickly found out that Bethany was the driver, and that explained everything. (No offense Bethany), but she's a very 'cautious driver', kind of like my grandmother. A little to cautious maybe (alot). And she's very... 'careful' with EVERY driving move she makes. I can virtually see her cycle through the drivers handbook in her head every time she must make a driving decision. I've now only driven with her twice. The first time we only drove 3-4 blocks and I thought I was going to die 5 times, and vowed never to do it again. I only remembered that 1/2 way into the drive.

On Saturday afternoon I was just lounging around the house when Cheryl called and said that she had just found her Holiday coupon for Cafe 50's, and she needed to use it, and it would be a waste if she was the only one who, so I went with her. I was so in the mood for a burger, and thats exactly what I got. And to my surprise it was a really good burger! It hit all the right flavors that a burger should. Toasted bun, Minute amounts of mayo, juicy meat patty, thoroughly melted cheese, crispy lettuce, suculant tomatoes, and a few rings of onion. Thats how the cook sends it. Then I take over by dousing it in the proper amounts of katsup, then sinking my chompers deep into the burger with both hands wrapped around it in order to prevent any of the ingredients from slipping out the back of it. And for that being a positive experience, it was unfortunatly dampered heavily by the quaility if the fries. They were frankly horrible. Served cold, almost un-cooked, and scattered potato skin all over. Smatherings of Katsup didn't even help. But that misfortune was hushed by the marvelous Chocolate Malt that I also got. That was a good job on my part, cause it was terrific.

Devil-Rays were just as wild in class as normal, even though there were only 3 of them there. For some reason they all felt like taking the evil energy from the other rays and spread it around the room, just like spreading darkness across the land when the sun sets below the horizon. I wonder if they'll start behaving if I bring a whip to class. I would say that 'the parents wouldn't like it', but We've only met two of them. And one of those were by 'their' accident.

I didn't have a chance to make myself pancakes on Saturday. Maybe that's why I was so cranky all weekend.

Last night Bethany organized an alternate FHE event over at Cafe 50's. It was nice. I got the same thing as I did on Saturday. The fries were a little better, but still second rate. We chatted for a good one and a half hours before we left.

Buffet City has closed. Sad, but true. We drove by to verify. I thought Chinese buffets were the last to go out of business cause every member of the extended family works there for almost nothing,

I had spaghetti for lunch

No comments: