You may have noticed that I had to take the last week off. It was due to the Christmas Holiday. Last week I drove up to Northern California. Cheryl and I had a dinner appointment with her parents and their friends. I'd met her parents before, but I hope its not 'awkward' meeting them again, under such official circumstances. Its just a casual visit after all, right. The drive up was pleasant (cause I didn't drive, thanks Cheryl!) It only rained for a few minutes the entire time. We also listened to Harry Potter the whole drive up.
We got there just in time for our Dinner Appointment. It was a lovely dinner. Some of the other couples weren't willing to talk with us because upon our arrival I quickly pointed out that they all supported loosing football schools. They didn't take kindly to this, so they tried to rile me by then speaking bad about one of the traditionally 'better' schools in the last 5 years, namely My school. It didn't work though cause their arguments were weak. They were the type of people who would believe anything the newspaper tells them to believe. And they were just looking for attention it seemed, so I left them alone. Later in the evening the girls separated to their corner for girl-talk, and the guys gathered around the table for Guy-talk. They were telling old War stories, although none of them were actually in the War. It got 'over board' later cause they were all talking about how much they all loved blowing stuff up, shooting stuff, destroying other peoples property, and crap like that. But like I said, the food was great.
One tradition that Cheryl's family has, that I didn't know about, is that they all wear pajama's on Christmas eve, and day. I hadn't been a pajama man, until Christmas eve I guess. Cheryl gave me some pajama's so I could fit in. She said that she searched high and low for the exact kind for me, seeing that I wasn't the traditional Pajama wearer. They had pictures of wild vicious and ferocious bears on them that would scare little children if they looked to close, so they were ok for me to wear. They sort-of had a Christmas eve program, but I've absolutely hated the program crap the my parents tortured me with for the last 30 years, so I didn't exactly 'offer' to do anything for it. Other than that it was a lovely evening filled with food, and games, both of which I'll talk about later.
Christmas was filled with presents and ribbons, and sparkly lights, along with overcast skies. I was so rudely woken up early Christmas morning by the kids there, my new nephews to be exact. I kept penalizing them on Christmas eve in 15 and 30 minute increments for being naughty. Last I remember I penalized them until 10:30am or so, but for some evil reason I was woken up at 7 freaking 30 in the morning. It was fairly unpleasent greeting the morning that early, and I frankly don't remember that much of it.
Our week there was also filled with plenty of Game playing. Cheryl's family LOVES board games! I really don't think my all caps and exclamation point do my point justice really, so let me repeat... THEY LOVE BOARD GAMES!!! It seems like thats all that they did even. As soon as we get there Cheryl's sister starts quizing us as to which one we want to play first. After that first game there was imediatly suggested a second match. After that someone asked if there was another game marathon that we wanted to get involved with. I rolled my eyes at that, but I was apparently the only one cause everone else started suggesting the next game to play. I wanted to come up for air, but i was quickly roped back into another marathon. At first it was OK, then it turned 'just' tolerable, then kind of annoying, then overload! At that point I started hating all games. The only thing that saved me was College football on Television. I made the monumentous decidsion to quit playing games (or I would have started pulling my hair out) and instead sat back in the nicest reclining chair ever. I put my feet up. Ate cookies, and took a nap while 'watching' tv. Ahhhh. I started liking games then. I could hear the gang behind me playing to their hearts content, having fun, throwing dice and cards at eachother, threatening; you know, having a grand ol' time. Oh, and Bonnie wanted me to let you all know that she won the most games out of any of the people there. She gave me specific instructions that if I was to blog about it, that I was to mention that she, Bonnie, Cheryl's sister was the Grand Winner. So there you have it.
My new nephew's got a Wii for Christmas too, so a good deal of time was spent creating Mii's for us all, as well as the dogs, and bird there too. We spent a late few nights bowling to our hearts content. Even Cheryl's dad joined in the fun, and he did pretty good too.
The drive home was extra long. Maybe cause I had to do it. And as soon as we got close to LA, we slowed way down.
We ate meat and potatoe's for every dinner.
And we listened to lots of Christmas Music.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to hear you had such a good time.
Welcome to the Stevens Clan.
If that was me, I would've had a blast! Games, potatoes, and meat rock!
Post a Comment