Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Daily Shock Value

There was a little excitement the other day at Pelham. I get home from a long day at work, I decided to put on my productive hat, so I go running. Not like a marathon or anything, but around the neighborhood. (I've done that a bit lately, cause apparently the ninja scum have found out when I have decided to run by reading my very own blog. I'm testing out the length of their knowledge that way.) So, I get back from running and decide to clean myself off. So I take a shower. Not more than 5 minutes later I start hearing this repetitive loud beeping sound. At first I feared it could have been one of my many entry alarms to my apartment guarding against those worthless evil ninja, but then I thought it could have been my alarm clock. But then i realized I haven't set that in over a month! So I quickly dash out with only a towel around me to see what was the matter. I was surprised to see a Cheryl standing under the smoke detector in the bedroom with a paniced smile on her face, fanning it with a towel. I cautiously ask if everything was alright, and she said that she was simply cooking something in the kitchen. Oh, Ok... (I guess). I have been used to smoke alarms going off in my house with my mom's cooking all my life, so I then mentally prepared myself for some sort of charcoal looking dish for dinner. Fortunately it wasn't the case. The small amount of smoke/steam sprinted all the way from our meager kitchen, across the living room, thru the door frame (or heater vent) bypassing one smoke detector, and then thru another door (or another heater vent), and then tickled the sensors of the alarm in our bedroom. It was baffling as I analyzed the situation.

Last night I got a surprising phone call from Josh. At first I didn't know it was his phone number at first, but Jeff called right after Josh did, to confirm that his message had been received. They were having a "Come over and watch Batman with Me" Party. So Cheryl and I brought some of my food storage Brownie supply over and they made pizza, and we watched the latest Batman. It was fun, and it was nice to get out of the house.

Collins got laid off at work yesterday. Yes, we're that slow to lay someone off who didn't even work at our office location. He had been outsourced to another close by office. Unfortunate, but at least its not me! I like this place and am hoping to stick around for a while still. But Architecture is directly a result of the economy, and it manifests itself in cycles every few years. I did actually have one good teacher at USC who taught us realistic stuff like that.

Lunch was sponsored by Spaghetti and bread, and a glimpse of vegetables, along with a three day old bottle of Diet 7UP. I can't manage to finish it cause I accidentally bought DIET. The after taste is in my mouth so long. I've been averaging about one sip a day.

I'm listening to the radio right now. Its funny.

No comments: