Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Daily Update

What a beautiful European Day it was, yesterday and today. You know that winter is upon you when you it cools down, and it rains. It reminds me of what is like almost every day in Europe. Yes, every day. Especially the north. It was a good time for rain cause a few days ago it drizzled a tiny little bit and it was only enough to pull all the crap out of the sky and make it land on my car. I was driving a dust sponge around for two days. The morning dew does that sometimes too. And I think while driving around with a dirty car, all the other dust in the air sees that, and then they turn into dust magnet particles and then chase my car and then try to stick to it, like the other dust. But I don't like that. I swear that every time I looked at my car it was another shade darker. It started out silver, and ended up a shade of 'battleship gray'. But now its back to the Silver Bullet! And with its shiny new finish I can go even faster, and I'm stealthier too. Its great.

So Cheryl and I show up at church on Sunday a little late. Cheryl has gotten so used to sleeping in until 11-12 that it became a small 'issue' Sunday morning (of course I wasn't a big help either). We roll in 45 min. late and then as usual stop in the doorway to the gymnasium and just chat with all our old friends to catch up n such. Well this time we were also greeting by a big friendly fellow who greeted us and then asked if we had gotten his message. I hesitantly told him 'NO', so then he proceeds to ask if we have a second to talk with him (he had already intoduced himself as 'so-n-so' from the Bishopric [red-flag!]). I immediatly ask what this was in regards to before we would agree to speak with him. He then says that he wanted to talk to us about a 'Ca..' I cut him off right there and told him we were much to busy right now and he should try back later. (I heard the Ca** (caw sound) as in 'CALLING', so I felt trapped, like an animal, so I then tried to flee.) But then I was yanked back by the very person who helped us be late, thats right, that Cheryl girl. I was kept in place by her vice like grip and I had to control all my strength just so my hand wasn't crushed, thus failing in my attempt to flee. By that point it was too late. The bishopric guy had already said the words "We'd like to give you a CALLING." Those words ran loudly in my ears, like the chiming of cathedral bells. Thats all I could hear for the next 30 seconds "YOu NEED A CALLING, YOU ShOULD HAVE A CALLING, here TAKE THIS CALLING!" I must have been shivering or mumbling random words, cause Cheryl had to slap me to focus on reality again. After I could consiously hear what the dude was saying he said that he wanted us both to teach the 5 year olds in the CTR class at church. Oh Man! I was hoping to not have a calling for at least another 2-3 months at least. We know the Primary President, and she's cool (was), and we talked to her after church a bit. So I guess we start our new chruch position in January. So it looks like the kids are going to be drawing a lot, and eating alot of treats, (YES!).

I got to work on Monday morning, after an evening of rain, I got to work and I quickly notice that my entire end of the office was covered in trash cans, that don't normally go where they were. We've had leaks in our office before, but this was a battle ground it seemed. The trash cans had a noticeable amount of water in them, and there were at least 7 constant trickles splashing down in our office. Sure it sucks to have leaks, but in an office that deals with large amounts of paper use and storage, it wreaked a little havoc. It only got annoying later in the day when I was needing to throw stuff away too. I'd lean back and drop stuff where I normally do, but I didn't hear the light 'leaf rustling' sound that I normally do. Instead I hear a single medium thud. I turn around and then notice 'no trash can'. So then i have to get up, go to the waterfall area, and then find a trash can with only small amounts of water in it, and then deposit the trash. Its a huge hassle I tell you.

Lunch was sponsored by Teriyaki Chicken, Sprite Zero, and Carmel Popcorn.

I listened to the rain fall most of the day, along with plenty of I-tunes.

No comments: